Chapter 6 - Diet Pills

- If they give you a new pill then you will buy it... -

I barely slept that night. All I could think about was how badly I wished I could just go back in time and prevent any of this crap from happening.
Or maybe to make things easier, prevent me from ever being born.
Images of my dad's disappointed face if he saw how I was acting flashed in front of my eyes and I began to cry.
After a while I was able to drown my thoughts in my tears and I fell asleep

The next morning, I woke up to the sound of people chatting away downstairs. I groaned and sat up, suddenly realising for the first time that I had been wearing the same clothes for almost a week. I panicked slightly, unsure of what I would do without any other clothes, makeup, or... or... Suddenly, there was a quiet knock at the door.
"Come in" I groaned.
The girl that had spoken to me yesterday peered round the door and shuffled inside the room. I noticed that she was carrying 2 carrier bags in her hand. She stared at me.
"Max says I shouldn't talk to you but," she said in a quiet, shy voice. "I thought I would give you some things for you to use until the workers give you some money to go out into the town."
I stood up and walked over to her. I slowly took the bags and smiled a little at her.
"Thank you... uh, sorry but, I didn't quite catch your name hehe... and, you've made it quite clear that you know my name so-"
"Zoe!" She blurted out. She blushed and smiled shyly at me. "I-I'm Zoe hehe."
I smiled. "Nice to meet ya Zoe," I said politely.
"Heh... you too, future sister-in-law." She winked at me and walked out, closing the door behind her.
I stared into space. Future sister-in-law? I shook myself and placed the bags on the bed.
These people were crazy.
Rummaging through the bags, I pulled out a pair of black tights, a short grey knitted skirt, a white shirt with a black skull printed on the front of it, and a black leather jacket.
I threw them on and walked into the bathroom that was attached to 'my room'. I began to apply dark makeup that I'd found at the bottom of one of the bags.
After dragging a brush through my mattered hair, I head out the bathroom. As I neared the bedroom door, I heard something roll out of one of the bags and onto the floor. I turned round to see what it was and found a small bottle of pills rolling across the floor. I placed my foot elegantly on top of the pot to stop it from moving. I picked it up and read the label.

'Violet's Magic Beans
You're Welcome - Zoe'

Without a second thought, I shoved the pills inside the pocket of the jacket I was wearing and walked downstairs.
I walked into the kitchen and found that it was completely empty.
Perfect.
I grabbed a glass from the drainer and filled it with tap water. Taking the pills out from the jacket, I popped off the lid and took out one of the pills. I popped it in my mouth, gulping it down with several mouthfuls of water.
At first I felt nothing. But then.

Black.
Red.
Blood.
Shadows.
Screaming.
Crying.
Voices.
My vision began to get blurry. All I could see was a faded dark figure and a background that looked like it had been painted by the devil himself. The figure gave a low chuckle. It was dark. Terrifying. It sent a shiver down my spine as it seemed to get closer to my ear. I heard my father calling out my name. He appeared right in front of me, his eyes blank holes, blood beginning to stream down his cheeks.

Suddenly I snapped back into reality. I felt dizzy. Very dizzy. It felt like I was gonna pass out at any moment.
And then I did.
As I heard a familiar voice calling me, I turned round and fell to the floor, everything around me becoming a blank image.

I gave a low groan as I woke up from my slumber. I opened my eyes slightly, blinking back specs of sleep. As I regained my vision, the first thing I saw was something I could never have predicted.
Max.
He smiled warmly at me, sighing in relief. His chocolate brown eyes melted my insides like lipstick on a radiator as he stared at my face, almost gazing at me.
"You're finally awake.." he said softly, his smile expanding slightly. "It's a good thing too... I was getting really worried..."
I stared into his eyes, suddenly feeling his tense body crouching over mine, his hands holding my wrists.
I blushed as he inched closer to my face, his grip on me loosening, his lips curving slightly.
I closed my eyes and prepared myself for him to kiss me.
And then there was a knock at the door.
Max immediately pulled away from me and stared at the door. I looked away feeling slightly disappointed but mostly embarrassed.
God why had I tried to kiss him? It's not like he likes me.
If he liked me like that then he wouldn't have pulled away when-

I pulled myself out of my thoughts when Zoe walked into the room. She smiled a little at me, but her expression changed when she saw Max. I'd never seen anyone look so... scared.
I glanced up at Max. His eyes were narrowed at her and he gave a low growl.
Geez. What happened?

"Get out!" Max growled.
Zoe began to shake. "I'm sorry Max, I really am, b-but you don't understand, she-"
"She what? She's going to 'free' us? Get real Zo"
"B-but it's true Max! I've seen it, please just listen to me!"
He got closer to her and grabbed her by the collar of her shirt.
"Get... out..."
She teared up and pushed him away from her. Her sobs echoed through the building as she ran across the corridor to what was presumably her room.
Max sighed and shut the door.
I stared at him. What the hell was he so mad about?
And who was 'she'?

- If they say to kill your self then you will try it -

To be continued...