Ch. 1

HII! Welcome to my second story here on Wattpad! So yeah I really hope you like it (And if you haven't already', please read my first story "Broken pieces" It would mean alot to me! Okay yeah I love you...

Chapter One

It was the first day of 1st grade. Little 6-year-old Louis Tomlinson sat on his chair, just staring at the  chalkboard, waiting for the teacher to come. The door opened, and all the kids rushed to their seats. The teacher, a young woman and a little boy walked in. Louis had never seen the boy before, but he looked nice.

"Okay kids! This is Harry" the teacher pointed at the boy.

"He is deaf, so that means he can't hear us", she continued. The young woman did some weird things with her hands, and Harry did the same, Louis thought it was a little weird.

The young woman and Harry walked down to the back of the class, where there were a free desk for him. The teacher smiled, and started teaching.

When play time rolled around, Louis walked down to Harry, and tried talking to him, but Harry just sat there and did the weird thing with his hands again. Louis turned to the women Harry came with.

"Why isn't he answering me?"

"Because he can't hear you", she smiled sweetly.

"Why?"

"Because he's deaf. You use sign language to speak to him" Louis thought about it for a while.

"What is that?"

"It's a... well I guess you can say, a 'secret language'", The women said, and smiled at the blue-eyed boy "Can I learn it! I wanna talk to Hawey!" he pointed at Harry, and Harry let out a small giggle, not knowing why the boy was pointing at him. The women smiled at the two boys.

"Okay what do you wanna say to him?"

"I wanna say my name! and that I want to be friends with him"

"Okay what's your name, sweetie?" the women sat down, on a chair "Louis! L-O-U-I-S" the women said 'okay' and showed Louis how to do it. After Louis had practiced it a little he turned to Harry again, and signed: "Hi my name is Louis, do you want to be my friend?" Harry smiled a big sunshine smile, and signed something back "What did he say?", Louis asked "He said that, his name is Harry, and that he would love to be your friend" Louis smiled happily, and was just about to say something when the teacher cleared her throat "Play time is over"

Louis walked back to his seat, happy that he made a new friend.

At recess, Louis again walked over to Harry's desk "Can you ask him, if he want to come out and play with me?" the women nodded, and signed something to Harry, Harry smiled, nodded, and stood up.

After school, Louis yet again walked down to Harry's desk "Can you teach me the secret language?", he asked innocently "Sure dear. Let me see? I think they have some books about it at the library. We can walk down there now if you want?" Louis nodded quickly. The woman took Harry's hand. Harry followed happily along. They came to the library, and Harry looked with big eyes at all the books. The women, walked over to the Liberian, and asked if they had books about sign language. The Liberian nodded and showed her some book shelf with sign language books. Louis and Harry sat on a small couch waiting. She finally came back, with a big smile on her face "Here you go, Louis", she said and handed him a book. Louis looked at it, it said in big letters 'SIGN LANGUAGE DICTIONARY' "Thank you!", he smiled his famous big sunshine smile and hugged the woman.

When Louis got home, he ran to his mum, who was in the living room reading a book, sipping on some tea "Mummy! Mummy!" his mum sat down the mug of tea "What is it Boobear?" Louis jumped on the couch beside her "Look" he showed her the book "Oh what is that", she asked, and then Louis told the whole story about Harry, and how he wanted to learn the "Secret language"

When he finished telling the story his mum was almost in tears "Oh, no. Mummy, don't cry! Why are you sad, mummy no..." Jay smiled fondly at her son, she was so proud "I'm not sad, honey... I'm so proud of you- you know that? You decided to befriend this boy, and do something for him, Louis. You are such a good person, do you know that? I'm so, so proud of you" Even though, she talked with a few big words, Louis understood everything, Louis was smart, he could sense when something was wrong, or when someone was sad, or something like that "Thank you, mummy. Do you want to help me?" Louis pointed at the book "Of course, Boobear"

They sat there for hours, learning the "Secret language" eventually they had to stop, when Louis could barely keep his beautiful ocean eyes open.

"Goodnight, mummy. I love you."

"Goodnight, Boobear. I love you, too, and I'm so proud of you."

*

When Louis walked in to class that morning Harry was already there, with the woman, he forgot to ask for her name. He walked down to them, and signed "Good morning, Harry" and Harry signed "Good morning, Louis" back they exchanged a few giggles. Louis turned to woman and tapped her on the shoulder "Miss? What's your name? I forgot to ask yesterday"

"My name is Sofia. Sofia Anderson" the young woman smiled, and ruffled Louis' hair "Did you read in the book?" Louis nodded "Yes! With my mummy! And she said she was proud of me" Sofia smiled widely "That's wonderful, Louis"

Harry looked at Sofia and Louis. He could see their lips move, and hear the muffled sounds. For Harry, everything sounded like he was under water like deep, deep down under the water. Sometimes it would frustrate him, and he would cry, and when his mum tried to comfort him, she would whisper sweet nothings, but Harry couldn't hear it, it would only sound muffled, he didn't like it, it kind of scared him. 6 months ago, he got diagnosed with anxiety, so when he would get panic attacks it was hard for him to calm down, because his mum would sign to him to breathe, but he really couldn't. So, he would usually walk to his older sisters room. Gemma. Gemma would just hold him till he felt asleep. He liked that.

He never really had friends, because he was different, and he had Sofia with him everywhere. Kids would avoid him, but now, he had a friend, Louis. When Sofia told Harry, that Louis was learning sign language, so he could communicate with him, he got so happy, that he couldn't stop smiling, because he finally got a friend, a real friend, who didn't care that he couldn't hear, he just wanted to be Harry's friend.

A/N  Again I'm not a native English speaker so there is grammar mistakes and such! and also this was a short chapter, NeXT chapter will be longer!