Chapter 15

Kristine's POV

"You're kidding, right?" I said. "There is no way that's true." Dan just sat there, gaping.

"Unfortunately, no. I'm not." Taylor said, looking down at her hands.

"I just wish I could've been there to see you slap them!" I said, laughing.

"Heh. I guess it was pretty funny." Taylor muttered. "How long are you going to have to stay here?"

"I honestly don't know. He said the casts would stay on for about 3 months, and I went through a minor concussion but I seem to remember everything pretty well. I don't know about this, though." I said, pointing to my torso. Almost like a miracle, the doctor-Dr. Kravenshire-came in, smiling.

"Good news, Kristine!" He said, smiling. "Everything is going better than expected! Your brain is coping miraculously well, and not as slow as we anticipated. Your liver, however, is going to need a few weeks rest. In about a month or so, you should be out of here." I sighed. "Don't worry. It could've always been worse. If your air bag hadn't deployed, your brain injury probably would've been fatal." I cringed at the thought of leaving permanently.

"Thank you! Can you tell my mom, too?" I asked as he walked out the door.

"Sure thing, Kristine!" He said, chuckling. What a nice guy. I turned towards Dan and Taylor and yawned.

"Guys, I-I'm really, tired." I said, stammering in between yawns.

Dan chuckled. "That's alright, Kris. We'll be taking our leave, now. Update everyone on your progress." He said, standing up, not yet letting go of my hand. He bent down and kissed me on the cheek, waving as him and Taylor exited. My mom came in, informing me that she was going to stay in the hospital with me.

I really was tired, in fact, when mom turned out the light, everything was kinda, kinda, woozy...

********************

Wh-where was I? I looked around. I was in some sort of auditorium. I heard music, and singing. I turned towards the stage and I saw hundreds of people sitting in the seats. I saw people dancing onstage. Was this-was this Beauty and the Beast? Some Ball? What...

My thoughts fuzzed as I watched a familiar face take to the stage. Toby! What was he doing? He entered the stage, head held high, and was in a very regal, I dare say, uniform. He was followed by a very short and stout boy of some sort, with a monocle and a fake mustache. That's when it happened. That's when I woke up. A beautiful girl had walked onstage in a gorgeous dress. I couldn't study her face, as sun blinded me with the smell of warm eggs. Or what was a rotten clone of eggs.

I sat up straight, and saw my mom holding a tray of rotten cafeteria breakfast. Yuck. It was about 10am, so school should be out in around 5 hours. I slipped on my headphones and listened to some music. I hummed a tune as I slowly fell into another sleep...

.

.

.

.

.

.

Taylor's POV

It was so boring here without Kristine. Not that I talked to her that much during the day anyways, since everyone transferred here. I sat in PreAP World History, again, regretting every second that ticked by.

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.