Ch. 8 The Five of Us

We had another delicious meal at the cafeteria again. Plus, the food turned to art, so we decided to play around for a while like little kids.

"Check it out! The flag on my fried rice today," I pointed, "It's Trinidad and Tobago."

"I got Turkmenistan last time," Jyugo said, "Don't you think these flags are a bit unconventional?"

Rock explained, "It's right up Shiro's alley. Oh, mine's Saotome and Principe."

"My flag is Republic of Kosovo. That's rare," Uno said, "Ah, I get excited when I get European countries."

"That's a country in Europe?"

I somewhat felt that something was off. I look next to me to see Nico a little sad. "Hey Nico, you okay?"

"Lucky... I want a flag...and fried rice," he said.

"The doctor said you have a weak stomach. Stick with something to digest," Jyugo reminded him.

"Soup here is really good though. I'll give you mine if you want," Rock offered.

"But I want a fla-"

Shiro came by and put a flag on one of the meat pieces in nico's soup. Nico said in amaze, "Wow! It's Bosnia and Herzegovina! Yay!"

"Whoa, I've never seen that flag before. Probably a rare one."

The next day,... well, I guess Shiro was happy that Nico got a flag, so he expressed his gratitude...with more flags on our dishes.

~Timeskip brought to you by the five idiots~

"Hey guys! You've got work to do. Come on," Hajime ordered.

It's freaking morning, can we get some time to sleep more?! I mean, Nico's asleep while standing, come on! We went to the workshop for mini work. Hajime grabbed the clipboard to tell us our assignments. We were assigned to do some wood work. Arts and crafts I guess? But we're actually making furniture but it's still the same. Jyugo and Rock were making dressers while Uno, Nico, and I were doing carving.

Nico was done and Hajime went to check his work. He showed off some robot guard, probably from an anime, and declared, "My Wooden Armored Mobile Suit, Super Space Robot, Nanba Z!"

Hajime was pissed off and smacked him hard for wasted work. Uno was done and swooned over his wooden bunny girl doll?...He needs a better life. Hajime smacked him hard too.

"Idiots, every last one of you..." Hajime mumbled.

"Hajime!" Jyugo called out, "We're done!"

He examined the perfectly normal dresser. "Not bad for you too. A rare show of effort."

"What do you mean rare?" Jyugo asked.

"Well I did most of the work," Rock bragged.

"Alright, use the remaining time to start on the next one."

Right before he left, Jyugo remembered, "Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this drawer slides automatically."

He pushed a button on the side and the drawer did slide out....onto Hajime's head. I was done with my work, and Hajime came after he smacked Jyugo. Unlike the others, besides Rock, I actually followed directions and he was proud of my work. After our time at the workshop, Hajime gave endless lectures to Nico, Uno, and Jyugo. Me and Rock for treats for working hard.