Ch. 24 I Get My Reward

I was getting really nervous. Everyone is now expecting what I wanted is cool since I've kept it a secret. Then Jyugo comes in again. I'm surprised that he's been able to get away from Hajime lately. By instinct, I walk to him and push him out to the cell saying, "Hey Jyugo, can we talk for a second? Okay thanks, let's go."

I dragged him to the building balcony. Last time we were here together was on New Year's, and that happened.

" Hey, um, Koko," Jyugo said, "why'd you bring me here?"

"Well, you see, I've been a little heavy minded, so I thought of coming out here,.." I trailed off, "and I thought it be relaxing if you were here with me."

"Wait why?"

"I don't know. But it's just nice that you're with me,... even if you're a good-for-nothing. I'm not alone, and I enjoy your company. Because no one is like you."

He blushed a little. I said something embarrassing again, didn't I? "Um thanks. You know, Uno's game room was pretty cool, seeing that he'd let everyone bring there favorite game. Which reminds me, I don't think we've seen your prize yet. What did you get?"

I quietly laughed it out a little, and said, "Which is why I brought you here with me."

"Wait,... don't tell me you've-"

"Yeah...I still don't know what to get for my prize."

"What?! How can you not know what to get?"

"Well, I keep doubting when I'm about to make a decision, and this is like a once in a lifetime thing. Who knows if we win next year, or later. Hajime says I have two days to make up my mind or else I'm not getting anything."

"Well you better hurry! You don't want to get nothing right?"

"Right, but I ask myself, will it make me happy? Well, nothing doesn't make me happy that much. When something stirs up, I get into it a lot, and then lose interest because I got bored of it in a short period of time. So it needs to be something that would make me happy all the time."

"So that's what you've thinking? What makes you happy then?"

I began to blush a little. "Is it okay if I say something weird?"

"Okay."

Before I spoke, I doubted what I was going to say. But I took the hesitation out and said with a honest smile, "You're the one that always make me happy."

He blushed like very mad when I said that. I was really honest about that. After sorting out my feelings, I realize that this one fact is true, and will be forever. I do like- no, I love him.

"So, does that mean you like me?"

I nodded. "Pretty much. But I want to ask you again. Do you like me too?"

Aaaand another awkward silence between us. This feels exactly like New Year's Eve, oh gosh. Sudden regrets of confessing rush in my head, as I anticipate for his reply. I feel like, from here on out, there will be a weird space between us. But, at least we will get to understand each other, I guess. Jyugo embraced me to a hug.

"I like you too, Koko. And I could already tell that you liked me, for so long. I'm sorry that I didn't notice that, you were always trying to help me. But I pushed you away, made you feel useless and looked what happened. I need your help Koko,... I don't know what's wrong with me, even after talking with Hajime, and it just hurts."

He squeezed me in his arms and his voice began to tremble. I finally understand. Jyugo isn't that empty, but he's broken inside. That's what makes him unsociable and lacking interest in his surroundings. He wants to break that barrier. I hug back and bury my face in his embrace.