Party Murder

Chapter 3

When Alyssa finished her breakfast and putting the dishes away, she sighed, time to clean the house. Alyssa thought grabbing the cleaning supplies. Alyssa loved cleaning, just not the whole house.

“Where to start…….” Alyssa asked out loud looking around the house. After she decided she’d start downstairs in the bathroom. She put her long curly blonde hair in a high pony tail. Alyssa began walking down the stairs, when she realized she forgot something, music.  She put the cleaning supplies down and walked back upstairs in her bedroom.

“What to listen to?” Alyssa asked out loud flipping through her wide verity of options of five country artists, eleven pop, three rap, and seventeen rock artists. Alyssa finally reached the back of her collection when she found what she was looking for. The mixed CD Robert gave her.

Alyssa’s rocking rock mix CD. Alyssa smiled, for the CD contained songs from her favorite rock bands, Skillet, Three Days of Grace, Evanescence, Halestorm, Flyleaf, ACDC, Icon for hire, and The Pretty Reckless. Alyssa grabbed the CD and put it in the speaker system, in a matter of seconds Bring me to life be Evanescence was playing.

Alyssa grabbed her cleaning supplies and began to clean. In three hours she was done with the downstairs.  Which was good, considering the house is huge. Alyssa began to clean the entry way of the house while singing Get Well by Icon for Hire.

The entry way was big. It had blue, brown, and green marble tile, and black rugs. The entry way could hold about twenty two people at once, and there would still be elbow space. When Alyssa finished cleaning the entry way the song Monster by Skillet had just ended and Animal I have become by Three days of Grace had just begun. 

Alyssa went up the stairs and noticed that the time was two thirty. After grabbing her cleaning supplies and putting it at the top of the stairs Alyssa made lunch. When she was done with eating her grilled ham and cheese, she began to clean again. Alyssa finished cleaning around seven. Alyssa began to make dinner when she heard a knock on the door. Alyssa sighed before opening the door to find Taylor.

“Hey, you know the party is tomorrow right?” Alyssa asked looking at Taylor, who was wearing her dark brown down, a jean jacket with a black tee shirt underneath, along with red and black jeans, and a beat up pair of Red Converse. Taylor just pushed past Alyssa and stepped inside the house.

“Is it okay if I sleep here tonight and tomorrow?” Taylor asked. Alyssa knew what was going on. Taylor’s mom’s boyfriend is an alcoholic with a very sick mind.

“Of course, the door is always open, you know.”

“Thanks.” Taylor said hugging Alyssa.

“You’re welcome.” Alyssa said returning the hug.

A few hours after dinner Alyssa and Taylor were in the home movie theatre watching Saw with Robert, who showed up right after dinner.

“You know,” Robert started, “if I was going to kill people I’d do it for a different reason.”

“What would that be Robert? To get a sick little thrill of killing people for fun?” Taylor asked, and Alyssa lightly chuckled.

“No, maybe, just a little; honestly I’d kill for justice.”

“Whatever you say Robert,” Taylor said quietly turning her attention back to the screen.

When they finished watching Saw, Scream 4, and I know what you did last summer, it was almost midnight.

“You should get going Robert.” Alyssa said getting up and stretching.

“Why are you kicking me out and not her?” Robert said pointing at Taylor and acting hurt. At that Taylor swung her arms around Alyssa’s shoulders and smiled sweetly.

“She’s kicking you out because she loves me more.” Taylor said.

“Whatever you say Tay, Tay.” Robert said before he quickly shut the door and ran off. Taylor groaned.

“I hate that nickname.” Taylor said taking her arms off of Alyssa’s shoulders. A small smile crept on Alyssa’s face.

“Awe, ease up Tay, Tay.” Alyssa said patting Taylor on the head as they walked up stairs to go to bed, so they’d be full of energy for tomorrow night.