The Angel

Naruto had been in the Anbu for several years, and over time had made a name for himself under the persona of the renown Anbu commander Tenshi, or Angel, the Anbu with wings, which was much different than his real attitude of usual shyness. He had joined when he had been 5 and a half and had further developed his skills throughout his time in the program. He had become a captain at the age of 7 and commander at age 9, along with having an impressive track record with only 1 known instance where his squad's mission had gone wrong, but even then he had pulled his team through. That had been the first and only time they had seen his wings.

After that mission the rumors that had been there before ignited, and the first week back at the headquarters he had been cornered as the other Anbu attempted to get him to unveil his wings. Every time he had escaped and they soon stopped trying, but the rumors failed to dissapear.

He was now 11 and was just arriving from his solo mission to assassinate a group of missing-nins who had been terrorizing the City of Waves. The other Anbu watched him as he silently walked through the halls and stepped into the hokage's office.
"Hokage-sama, mission successful, all 17 nins dead."
He reported to the old man sitting in the chair in front of him, using his Anbu voice, which was much different than his usual, soft voice.
"Good to hear. Now Angel, take off your mask, you won't be needing it for the mission I am currently assigning you." The hokage said to him, using the less common form of his name to address him.

A hesitant hand reached up and pulled of his mask, which was completely white except for the light grey markings surrounding where his eyes would be in a fashion much like eyeshadow.
His face was slim and evenly tanned, he had three whisker-like scars of each of his cheeks and piercing cerulean blue eyes. His hair was a soft pale yellow, it was shaggy and two bangs framed his face (Minato's hairstyle but lighter and not as long in the back). The rest of his body was quite thin, and he had a short stature, which was often the source of underestimation that was put upon him by many of the Anbu.

"May I ask why you have asked me to keep my mask off for my next mission? It is protocol to wear your mask in the headquarters and on assignments given to you, what reasons do I have to show my face?" Naruto asked in a polite manner.

"That is because for your next mission you will be attending the academy to watch over the clan heads in the academy and throughout their time as genins. You will start tomorrow morning, and this mission will last more than a year, your teacher will be Iruka Umino. You are to act as dead last and are to not reveal your true ranking unless you find yourself in such a situation where you must exploit yourself. Do you accept the mission Angel?" The hokage asked.

"Hai hokage-sama, I accept the mission." Naruto answered.

"Very well, I wish you luck. Oh and you might want to henge yourself, after all, wouldn't want any fan girls going after you. You may leave." The hokage dismissed him and he bowed before shunshining away to his apartment.

When he got to his home he placed his mask in a hidden containment seal on his wall and changed into his sleep clothes. He laid down in his bed and thought to himself 'What will tomorrow bring?' before drifting off to sleep.

Times skip-

   Naruto's eyes cracked open as the sound of ringing filled his ears. He fumbled around and was able to turn off the alarm clock before getting up. He was tempted to just put on his mask and ignore the mission, but it was one specifically assigned to me, and he had already accepted it yesterday.

Naruto went through his usual morning routine while thinking. 'The hokage had said that I should put a henge on myself, but what should I look like?'
He thought for awhile until he figured it out, and focused on the image quickly before opening his eyes and staring into the mirror in front of him.

His whiskers stayed the same while his eyes were still blue, but a much different shade, they were now dulled considerably and looked flat compared to his regular oceanic eyes, and his body was now an inch shorter and more filled out, almost chubby looking. His face gained baby fat and his hair became much shorter, and was now much brighter, almost neon in color.

The hokage had also instructed him to act as a dead last. Naruto looked in the mirror before rushing off and digging through his closet. After some rummaging he came back out with a much too large orange jumpsuit that had been given to him as a joke by his Godfather Jiraiya when he had achieved captain rank.

He placed a large goofy smile on his face, and nodded to himself, he looked like an idiot, perfect. He grabbed his mask and Anbu clothes and placed them in a quickly drawn seal on his sleeve before he walked through the door with a pice of toast in his hand.

While Naruto walked to school eating his breakfast he was hit by several small rocks, along with the usual glares and harsh words. He just didn't get it, he knows he has the kyuubi sealed in him, but that doesn't mean that he's the actual thing. He doesn't stop them or question them though, because they simply don't understand, people fear what they don't understand, and fear makes people act in different ways. The way some of the villagers mask their fear towards him is with anger and hate, he could see it in their eyes whenever they would hurt him, and he doesn't want to kindle that feeling. Of course this was only true for some of them, most of them just purely hated him, but he could live with that, no matter how much it hurt.

Naruto arrived at the gates early and walked to the door of his classroom. He assumed that the teacher is unaware of his ranking, the old man hadn't stated that he did know, so he kept silent as he walked up to his desk.

"Excuse me, are you Iruka Umino?" Naruto asked him politely, it was a force of habit that he would definitely need to fix for the time being. He looked up from his papers. "Oh! You must be the new student Naruto Uzumaki!"
He nodded his head to tell him he was correct and he carried on. "Well that's wonderful, although it isn't too normal for us to have a new student so close to graduation, I'm sure you'll fit in just fine."
He said a short thank you and bowed slightly before walking up to his seat, nobody was here except for him and Iruka, so he didn't feel the need to act anything but polite to him.
Iruka also didn't seem to harbor any ill feelings towards him for holding the kyuubi, and he felt at ease by that, the first time he had entered the academy his teacher had shut him out of class almost immediately, so he had taken it upon himself to learning alone and sneaking into the library to learn other Justus. He became a much faster learner once he learned the kage bunshin, or shadow clone, justu.

Naruto was brought back to attention when the door opened and the students rushed in. He immediately recognized the clan heirs: Shikamaru Nara, Choji Akimichi, Kiba Inuzuka, Hinata Hyuuga, Ino Yamanaka, Shino Aburame, and Sasuke Uchiha, the subjects of his mission.

They all filed into class along with some of the villager's children, one being someone Naruto had seen chasing Sasuke around before, he recognized her as Sakura Haruno.

They all migrated around the classroom and talked to their friends, but they all quickly sat down after Iruka had used his big head jutsu to silence all of them.

"Good, now that we are all silent I would like to introduce a new student into our class, Naruto Uzumaki, please come up and introduce yourself."
Iruka said looking at him.
Naruto sighed to himself, this was going to be a long year.