The Chunin Exams

Naruto, Shikamaru, and Shino stood next to each other at the entrance to the beginning of the Chunin exams. They had been told by Anko that they had been entered into the exams, and Anko was sure that they would do great. It had been a week since Naruto and Shikamaru started dating, and many of their friends found out and congratulated them, while some, (Kakashi and Anko) threatened Shikamaru. It was a funny sight if you were in the room at the time, Kurama had laughed as he watched Shikamaru sweat bullets under their gaze.

The three nodded at each other slightly and started walking in, passing  the first floor and then reaching the second. The genjutsu placed was so easy to figure out that Naruto almost laughed and just kept walking. Instead, he stopped, and looked around at the number of people in the room, "Seriously? I thought there would be more people who could identify a genjutsu when they came across one. Guess not." He said to himself, and walked towards the next flight of stairs.

A voice broke through the crowd, "See, she's smart! She knows when to give up!" It took Naruto a second to realize that the voice was talking about him, and he turned around, a disapproving frown on his face. "Why does everyone seem to think I'm a female? I'm a boy. And also, I'm not leaving, just going to the third floor." Naruto said, turning back and walking to the stairwell, Shikamaru and Shino following.

They finally got to the third floor, and almost gasped at the amount of people in the room. Some heads turned to look at them as they walked in, and then a voice spoke up, "Hey Shikamaru, Naruto, and Shino, you guys are here too!" They turned, and saw that Choji was the one that had called out.

Shikamaru and Naruto smiled, and all three of them headed over to where their former classmates were standing together. Team seven eyed them, specifically Naruto, the last time they had seen him was on the mission to wave, and they had learned a lot about him, but they greeted happily nonetheless. Naruto and Shikamaru stood next to each other as they scanned their surroundings.

Naruto spotted Gaara, and waved at him before looking back to the room. Suddenly, they both spotted a boy with silver hair and round glasses heading in their direction. The boy walked up to them and spoke, "The names Kabuto Yakushi, do you know them?" He said, pointing over to their friends.

They nodded, "why?" Shikamaru asked. Kabuto pushed up his glasses, "Well I think that you might want to ask them to quiet down a bit, they are gathering much unwanted attention." They both looked behind them, and saw a group of rain-nins glaring at them. "Anyways," Kabuto said, catching their attention as the other rookie nine started to crowd around them. "Is this your first time here?"

"Yes," Sasuke replied, "Is it yours as well?"
Kabuto shook his head no, "Actually, this is my seventh time taking the Chunin exams." They all sweatdropped. "But," he added, "over time I was able to gather information on many of both my and your opponents. Do you have anyone you wish to know about?"

Sasuke stared at Kabuto, "Hn. Actually yes. Rock Lee, Gaara no Sabaku, and..." he paused and glanced at Naruto, "Naruto Uzumaki."
Naruto eyed Kabuto suspiciously, he smelled of snake, and that was never a good thing. Kabuto pulled out a deck of cards and sifted through them before one raised up.

"Rock Lee, on genin team nine along with Neji Hyuuga and Tenten, and his teacher is Maito Gai. He's a year older than you, and is unable to use both ninjutsu and genjutsu. He specializes in taijutsu, and has completed 23 C-ranks and 1 B-rank. Wow." He said, reading off the card in front of him. Everyone that had heard, other than team seven and ten, was slightly surprised that he had been able to do such a thing.

"Gaara no Sabaku, is a genin from Suna on a team with Temari no Sabaku and Kankuro no Sabaku. He specializes with sand, and has completed 17 C-ranks, 9 B-ranks, and 1 A-rank, all without a scratch."