The Fight

The next day when the genins all went down for breakfast they were surprised to find that both Anko and Kakashi were down there, granted they looked slightly worse for wear. Naruto; however, wasn't there, and everyone wondered if he was still recuperating or just outside.

They all sat down and began eating in polite silence before Sakura asked the question they all had in their minds, "Where is Naruto?"
Kakashi placed his chopsticks down and looked at all of them, "he's outside, either swimming or training, but please don't question him about what happened two nights ago. He doesn't really feel comfortable answering questions regarding his life right now."
They all nodded their heads, that was alright, as long as he was okay.

Scene change-

Naruto let the wind flow through his hair as he flew in the sky, flying always helped him feel better, it made him feel free, and its not like anyone was around to watch, he would be able to sense them if there was.

He glided through the air, letting the peace wash over him, why he didn't do this more often he wasn't sure, but it felt great. Naruto sighed in contentment as the leaves rustled on the trees beneath him, and looked forward at the town that they were trying to save, and at the half built bridge that would determine wether or not this place could thrive.

There was a lake underneath him, and he dove down to it, might as well practice a bit while he's here. He decided that he would create a small water dragon. Hopefully that would help him get his spirits up, it usually did anyways.

Naruto stood near the edge of the lake and focused slightly. He formed the dragon hand sign and thought up a small sized, 4 foot dragon. The head came out of the water first, springing up and creating some ripples in the smooth surface of the lake. It rose up and the wings made themselves known as the front legs dragged itself out. It kicked slightly with its back legs and managed to separate itself from the water with a small pop.

Usually his water creatures stayed attached to the water with at least a small string, but for the smaller ones he developed them so that they could separate. It was different when he used the water in the ground and air though, they usually stayed attached.

The little dragon trotted over and stood at Naruto's feet, nuzzling his legs. He pet his head and smiled a bit when the animal mewled happily. "Hey there, what do you wanna do today Tobu? (Japanese word for fly)"

Tobu walked back to the lake and walked on top of it, looking back at Naruto in a silent question of 'are you coming or not?'. He chuckled and sheathed his wings before he walked onto the lake as well, right next to Tobu.

Tobu nipped him happily and then ran across the lake, indicating that he wanted to play around. Naruto let out a small laugh and chased him around, not breaking the surface of the water even once.

Naruto managed to catch him after some time, and he scrambled away from Tobu as he sprung up and began to tumble over the surface of the water, running in Naruto's wake.

They ran and played for a while, until it began to get dark out, and Naruto silently cursed himself for losing track of time. He looked back at the happily running water dragon, and found himself unable to feel guilty about staying here the whole day. Tobu jumped and tackled him to the water, Naruto laughed and his hold on the water slipped as they both plunged underneath.

Tobu looked at Naruto joyously before licking his face and becoming one with the water again, and Naruto swam up to the surface. He climbed out of the lake and shook himself partially dry before he looked back at the water with a thankful smile and headed off.

Naruto reached the building and it must've been after dinner because nobody was downstairs, but that didn't ruin his mood as he crept up the stairs. He opened the door to his room and found that everyone was asleep as he crawled over to the bed he shared with Shika.