Teams (Hurrah!)

One year later: graduation exams-

   Naruto was sitting in his seat pondering over what the hokage had told him, he needed to fail his exam in order to attempt to uncover the traitor Mizuki, who he had told the hokage had been acting much differently than a regular academy teacher (at least to him), and had a slight smell of snakes. The hokage and him had both assumed that he was under supervision by the snake sannin Orochimaru.

Iruka called his name and he ran into the testing room, ready to get this over with. He looked over to his teacher and he asked him to do henge, a kawamiri, and a clone jutsu. Naruto soffed in his head 'this was too easy', but he knew he had to fail. He performed a good henge and an average kawamiri before he made himself look like he was focusing hard. He felt unidentified chakra flood one of his chakra coils, effectively making him lose the 'control' he had over his chakra.

The clone that came out looked sickly pale and was lying face down on the ground, seemingly dead. Iruka's eyebrow twitches and out of the corner of his eye Naruto saw Mizuki smirking. "You fail!" Iruka yelled at him. He hung his head and walked past Mizuki, slightly hesitating when he realized that Mizuki's chakra was the same one that had invaded his system, and would've made him fail if he had been serious about it.

There was the first string of evidence he needed, now he just needed another piece before he tied the knot. Naruto walked out of the building and sat on the swing nearby, watching the students that had passed walk out to be congratulated by their parents, he felt the all too familiar tug of his heart, but ignored it as he felt Mizuki's chakra approach him.

"Hey Naruto, you know that Iruka didn't mean to be so harsh about failing you, but if you want, I could give you the back up test for you to try and pass again." Mizuki asked him.
"Sure Mizuki-sensei, what do I need to do?"
He asked sounding excited and oblivious.
"All you need to do is get the large scroll from the hokage's office and learn one jutsu from it. If you do that you will pass." There was the second string, now to play the part and finish this. He bounced excitedly and said thank you before rushing off, he needed to tell the hokage.

Time skip-

   Naruto sat in the clearing pondering on when Mizuki was going to arrive. He had already learned what was in the scroll long ago, so now he was just sitting here waiting for him to show up so that he could take him to Ibiki.

Naruto felt a familiar chakra head this way. 'Dammit' he thought to himself, Iruka must've been told that he had stolen the scroll or something, this was not good.

Iruka flew into the clearing and looked at Naruto, "Naruto, why did you steal the scroll of seals!?" Iruka yelled at him.
He had to act oblivious, "What do you mean? Mizuki-sensei told me to get it and asked me to learn one jutsu from the scroll so that I could become a genin, he also told me about this place."
He could see the gears shift and lock in place in Iruka's head before Mizuki stepped into the clearing.

"Wonderful job of getting the scroll, now hand it over demon." He spat at Naruto.
'Lets see how far he'll go with this.' he thought to himself.
Iruka yelled at him, "Don't give him the scroll no matter what Naruto!"
Mizuki scoffed, "Of course you stand up for the demon brat, even though he killed your parents you still let it live." He turned to Naruto with a snarl on his face, "Do you want to know why the village hates you so much?"
He was interrupted by Iruka who yelled "No! Naruto don't listen to him!"
Mizuki ignored Iruka and kept speaking, "It's because you are the kyuubi that attacked the village twelve years ago!"
Iruka yelled out again, "Naruto you aren't the kyuubi don't listen to him!"
Mizuki snarled at Iruka, "Shut it!" Before he threw a giant shuriken in Iruka's direction.