Chapter One

There wasn't many people that could claim they had been arrested as a suspected terrorist (when the said person really just had natural bad luck). But there also wasn't many people who just so happened to be demigods and could accurately claim they survived literal hell. Also, no one was able to piss off every god, goddess, primordial, and monster known... and still walk away with their pride and soul intact. On a show of one hand, he could tell you just how many people had walked away from a battle with the Lord of Time himself. But Percy Jackson had accepted a long time ago, when he was twelve and naive, that his life isn't normal; and most likely, never would be. It was just a fact of life. It only seemed natural that the Fates through whatever obstacle they could think of at his face as hard as they could.

That's probably why he took to being arrested by mortals so easily. He thought he would be held at the police station (if you count being held there for a month while the cops fumbled to contact some dude), but was horribly proven wrong when he was handed off to a man in a bat-themed suit; not the most terrible thing that could have happened. After all, he had experienced worse. Percy didn't try to protect his innocence by talking his way out of situation. He was never a good liar, so that was out of the question. It may have seemed weird to the cops and the masked dude that all Percy really did was smile, and make half-witted jokes that successfully got a few younger agents to smirk in amusement. He wasn't particularly worried for his situation.

He had been cleared by Olympus three years ago to be free to roam as long as he checked in with Zeus or his father every few weeks. A little manipulation of the mist, a gold drachma, and boom!... Contact success! Or sometimes it worked that way. Other times he got too lazy to form a mist, or was in public around mortals, so he just sent a letter through Hermes. Which reminded him that it had been quite a while since he had reported in to anyone... oh, well.

"Are you always this serious? You need to take one of those muscle relaxers that everyone keeps going on about." Percy watched as the man's lips twitched, but his scowl stayed in place.

"I suppose you would be able to supply me, wouldn't you?"

Intimidation wasn't Batman's strongest suit, not to Percy. Uncle Z and his father could pull it off quite well, though. Zeus had a adequate act that scared most of the minor gods, goddesses, demigods, nymphs, and satyrs; But he wasn't the best. Most people wouldn't know this, only a handful of gods and goddesses on the Olympus Council knew who was really the top-dog; and that was Poseidon. The god of the oceans had a good cap on his temper, it took a lot for him to show his anger. Percy, just like any other child with their parent, held a fear for the god but also respect. Poseidon was one of the best gods he could ask for as a parent.

He shifted as his handcuffs rubbed against his reddened wrists once again. His wrists wouldn't have been so red if he hadn't been digging his nails into the sensitive flesh in annoyance due to the cold tight metal circles. He knew he should stop picking at them but he couldn't stop, it was involuntary, though. The man-bat had placed him in a living room like area after a long journey with a cloth over his eyes. He couldn't see any windows within the large area, the walls bare of pictures, and no tv was within sight. Percy's old friend ADHD started to come to play as he wiggled his hands around, debating if he should remove his cuffs himself. He really wanted to, but he found that it would probably be better to wait to see what the emo-bat had in store for him.

"Do I look like a drug-dealer to you?" The question was rhetorical, but it seemed Batman was answering it in his head. Percy rolled his eyes in exasperation. The guy was annoyingly silent and had been turning Percy's questions against him like knives; he had experienced being kidnapped and talking with enemies, but at least the bad guys had a conversation of some type that didn't consist of only questions and grunts... only horrible speeches about taking over the world and revenge.