chapter five

Hermes frowned as he called the Olympians into meeting. He had been searching for three hours straight before he managed to find any valuable information that could prove useful. In all honesty, he truly didn't know why he decided to head back here to Olympus instead of hunting down Percy's location himself. Then again, it may have been the fact of how dull Poseidon's eyes became every time his son went out and traveled around. No human could protect the young man if he ever needed help from monsters, and the gods felt powerless because they gave their word they would leave him in peace as long as he kept in touch. Hermes didn't know when it started, but the sea-child brought a sense of warmth with every visit and call he made; he was positive that it was the same way for the rest of the Olympians.

He stayed quiet as each of the gods flashed into their respective thrones. If he spoke now, he would most likely just be interrupted; that's usually how these meetings went between his family. A bright white light made him raise his eyebrows when a soaking wet Zeus appeared within his throne with a scowling Poseidon standing beside his own seat. Curiosity was killing the god of messengers, but the stiff atmosphere had his jaw clicked shut. Although, it didn't mean he wouldn't pester his father and uncle at a later date; this was simply too good to pass up. It wasn't often you get to see Zeus looking like a kid who got caught by his parents with his hand in a candy jar.

"I've found Perce." That seemed to be the easiest thing to start off with. "I ... Spoke with some cops a few minutes ago. The police are a close-knit organization and any reports that pass by, are shared throughout. From what i was able to gather, our little Perce has been detained in Gotham City Police department for about a month before he was handed over to some weirdo named Batman."

"He got arrested?! What in Hades name for?!" Poseidon nearly toppled over his throne as he attempted to walk towards his nephew who winced at the sheer volume of the sea gods voice.

"Why does everyone use my name?"

Either it was because Hades was muttering under his breath or the fact that no one could see the god who stood in the dark corner of the throne room, but no one paid him any attention. It was okay because he was use to it after the first few centuries. Not like it hurt his feelings or anything...

"Well, that could explain why we haven't heard from him in so long. Do you know where this... Batman currently is?" Heista asked from her seat at the hearth, the flames flickering gently against the pale skin of her hands as Hera joined her. It had been a long time since Hera could sit and enjoy the soothing flames without stressing over war or a demigod child. It had taken her centuries to realize Zeus' was going to continue his infidelity no matter what she did, so she no longer tried to stop him; didn't mean she had to like it, though. Since she possessed no demigod child of her own, she made a point in visiting Jason's grave to repay her respects and sometimes Thalia who was still in the Hunt. She rather enjoyed spending time with the girl despite how similar she was to her airhead of a father.

"Is anyone not concerned with the fact my cousin is with a guy who named himself Batman?" Apollo questioned as he waved his hands about quite dramatically. No man that was sound of mind called themselves such a ridiculous name... Besides, if he remembered correctly, he had heard very unsavory things about the man. Athena shared the same thoughts as her brother. But unlike him, she knew a lot on this topic.

"Batman is a mortal vigilante who is typically found in Gotham City. He supposedly has good intentions in his 'work', but we all know how well those situations can turn out."

Everyone grimaced at those bitter words that were, unfortunately, too true. Hermes had to bite his tongue to keep himself from thinking of Luke, because it didn't matter how much time had passed since his death.. it still hurt.