Chapter 4: Fiona's Feast

I was shocked by Thomas' actions but pleased as well. He lent me his shoulder again, and we walked into the diner.

The ambiance of the diner was cozy yet slightly romantic. It had classic diner decor and appeal. Thomas looked excited. I think he had been dying to come here for a while. He guided us to a table at the back, near a window where we could see passersby walk the streets. We sat and got comfortable, no sooner a waitress came to our aid.

"Good night, welcome to Debbie's diner. Tonight's special is cabbage pie, with fried chicken, baked beans and corn bread. What can I get you guys? " the waitress dragged her words in a groupy tone. You could tell that we annoyed her, seeing that we were the only ones there at the moment. Maybe we stopped her from enjoying her idle time.

"Good night, thanks for the offer but we came to have your delicious breakfast" Thomas replied

"You do know that it's after 10pm?" she grumbled while popping her gum.

"Yes, but you do know that I am the customer? So you can kindly take our order or we can go some place else" he sternly replied.

She rolled her eyes and then looked at us with disgust. Shockingly, in a preppy tone she smiled "OFC SIR! Breakfast menus coming your way". Quickly she turned around, dropping her fake smile and headed to the main counter by the kitchen.

"I don't know whats wrong with people these days. No respect"

" Yeah she was a bit rude, I can't lie. I think she was hoping no one will come in tonight"

"Well she better get over it, I don't want her ruining our night" he snapped, looking in her direction.

I blushed. I loved when he used words like " our" and "we" it made me felt as if he was considering us as something he can look forward to.

" She wouldn't, Aunt Thelma already did that" I saìd softly.

He grabbed my hand that was resting on the table, and rubbed the back of it with his thumb gently.

"Hey I don't want you to think about that okay, you're with me now. I promise to make this night special."

With his other hand he lifted my head up and turned it towards him. He looked into my eyes, so deeply I thought he could see my soul

"Now let me see that smile I admire so much"

I couldn't help but blush he made me feel so special. I couldn't refuse him especially with that sexy smirk.

"Beautiful" he said while rubbing his fingers against the surface of my cheeks. This man is doing everything way too right. I guess only time would tell what this really means, but for now I will just enjoy his company.

With great enthusiasm, he rubbed his hands together and looked at me mischievously. " What are you gonna order sweet lady?"

I could tell this man was ready to grub. I, on the other hand wasn't too sure if I should let him see this side of me. You see I am a what you call a "foodie". I love food so much, that's its not just a time of feeding but an experience. The way the creamy texture of an New York's strawberry cheesecake would glide on my taste buds. Or the sweet, juicey and crispy feeling you get when you bite into a honey bbq chicken wing. Especially if its well seasoned. Food is magical and it granted my every wish.