dalawang pu't walo

donghyuck was sitting in his family's car, nervous as hell. both the radio and the air conditioner were turned up, but none of them helped ease down his beating heart nor his sweaty hands.

he was on the way to the audition venue with his family, which he was more than thankful for, because they were always so supportive of him, especially his sister.

he stared at the messages he and his other friends exchanged—"the best of luck to all of us!" "we can do this!" "see you there!"—and shone a smile, but only a small one for something was pulling it down.

a week ago, he was confident that he was ready for the event, but now that the day had arrived, he felt like his voice was leaving his throat.

why was that?

returning to his list of conversations, he scrolled down through those he had started with his friends and followers, and noticed that a certain instagram account had fallen on the lowest level.

ever since their last conversation involving the auditions, his notification list has been lacking the presence of the instagram account, lemihy99. it made him feel a little disappointed, because he wasn't there to cheer him on when he needed it the most.

—and that last message that they had sent didn't help him at all. his mind had been clouded by curiosity and confusion, which grew bigger and bigger each day.

what did they mean?

who were they, anyway?

"donghyuck."

donghyuck turned to his father, who was looking at him with worry.

"are you alright?" donghyuck's father asked.

donghyuck silently nodded.

"don't worry too much, bro," donghyuck's sister said with a smile. "you'll wow everyone in the room with your amazing vocals plus your amazing visuals."

donghyuck's straight lips curved into a small smile. "thanks."

"let's go," donghyuck's mother said as she opened her car door. "we don't want him to be late now, do we?"

as soon as he and his family stepped out of the car, donghyuck felt his phone vibrate in his hand. as he unlocked it and scrolled through everything that he had received, a certain notification had caught his eye.

[heyhaechan] lemihy99: today's the day.
[heyhaechan] lemihy99: good luck! do your best!
[heyhaechan] lemihy99: your friends will be cheering you on :)
[heyhaechan] lemihy99: and i'm sure mark will be, too ;)
[heyhaechan] lemihy99: see you there.