tatlompu't isa

"i felt like i was going to die," chenle mumbled with his mouth full of food.

after the auditions, donghyuck, jeno, jaemin, renjun, and chenle asked their families to let them hang around together to shake the nervousness off their body, which they agreed to. with that, they decided to hang out at the fast food chain connected to the building where the earlier event was held.

"who didn't, really?" jaemin joked, sipping from his drink.

"true," renjun agreed as he stole a cupcake from chenle's platter, then proceeding to shine an innocent smile at him when the latter pouted.

even when the noise in the place could be heard from another world, donghyuck couldn't hear anything that came out of their mouths for his mind was once again occupied.

he thought about how his emotions were thrown in a blender because of the facts that he didn't get to find that instagram account that he wanted to see and how nct u's mark looked at him, smiled, and encouraged him.

for the latter part, he tried to shake it off as he thought that he probably did it to the other attendees, too. (even though he could still feel his soul ascend to heaven every time he thought about it.)

for the former part...

maybe they were lying? or maybe they were there, but was too shy and decided to go against their promise by passing by him, unnoticed? or maybe they already saw each other and he didn't think it was him?

or maybe he was right all along? that he was—

"donghyuck," jeno called, snapping donghyuck out of his train of thoughts. "you've zoned out more than one time today."

"jeno hyung is right," chenle said. "are you okay?"

"i'm fine," donghyuck responded, shaking his head and shining a smile before standing up. "i just need to use the restroom. i'll be back."

without letting them say a single word, donghyuck turned and walked away. as soon as he stepped in the restroom, he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. once he had taken it out and unlocked it, he checked what he got, hoping that it was them.

lemihy99
• hey! :)
• you were amazing!
• you owned the stage.
• as well as my heart, haha ;)

heyhaechan
ah, you're too much hahahaha •
thank you so so so much! •
i wouldn't have done it without you :) •
we didn't get to meet, though :( •
seen.

lemihy99
• are you sure about that?

heyhaechan
um ??? •
i think ??? •
seen.

lemihy99
• aww...
• you're so cute when you're confused.
• you'll figure it out soon.
• i'll talk to you in a few.

heyhaechan
in a few what ??? •

once he convinced himself that they went offline, he heaved a sigh and went straight for the sink, realizing that he had no real reason to be there. after a while of staring at it, he decided to wash his hands before the other men in the restroom think he was weird.

he was so into washing his already clean hands that he didn't notice that the restroom was left for him and another boy that stood next to him and took the next sink to do the same as donghyuck.

"shouldn't you stop washing now?" the boy who had a really recognizable voice pointed out as he turned off his faucet. "it's bad to waste water, you know. besides, you don't want your hands to run out of sweat and dry out, right?"

donghyuck looked up at the mirror with wide eyes.

"oh, my fucking god," he swore at the sight of mark lee as he turned his faucet off.

as mark laughed at his reaction, donghyuck felt like screaming his whole voice out, as well as more swear words in 127 different languages.

"hello, lee donghyuck," mark greeted with a smile as he dried his wet hands by wiping it on his pants. "you did great out there."

"th-thank you."

"it's not a problem. it's the truth, anyway."

as they stood there, donghyuck was itching to reach for his phone and take a picture with him, which mark must have noticed as he asked. "do you want to take a picture? it's a great way to remember the time you met the hot but lame long ass ride dude that you like a little in the restroom."

donghyuck's flustered feelings flew away, replaced by shock and embarrassment.

why does he know all of that?

once they had taken a picture, they decided that it was time to part ways, even when donghyuck lowkey thought that he didn't want that yet.

"thank you so much for your support back there," donghyuck shyly greeted. "it really pushed me to perform."

"anything for you," mark said as he walked to the door, but before he left, he turned back to him and shone a smile at him. "i hope you pass. i'm looking forward to seeing your beautiful face more soon."

once the restroom door was closed, donghyuck was left alone with his never-ending supply of questions and emotions.