Incognito and Spotlight

All Taz could see was a flash of light, and the setting before her changed. She saw a busy street behind a glass door. Basie still had the nozzle to her head, but with a nod of the head, he sent the lady down to her own path. All the sudden, Basie had pulled the trigger to her arm, and instead of a blast, she felt something had went into her skin.

Taz released herself from Basie's grip and threw a punch to his face. "What the hell was that, and where are we?"

Basie pulled off what appears to be a small remote from the base of the blaster he was holding. "With the click of this button, a poison will enter your bloodstream. I injected a nano-tube into your arm. Listen, I'm not going to kill you, but if you run away, try to take me down or contact your little friends, I won't hesitate to do so."

"Was that a portal? Which part of Pioneer are we at?" Taz was starting to get frustrated and hyperventilating.

"Not at Pioneer at all. We're at Evolvo. Since Madam Qyu won't believe me, I have to find out for myself. Your life is what keeps them from stopping me," he paused to take a breath and let Taz process it all. "I'm not lying when I said there is a bigger threat. I just need more time to look into it. In the meanwhile, you're coming with me."

Despite her attempts to fight back, physically and verbally, Taz was worried about the poison in her tissue, so she followed along Basie, but kept a look out for that remote.

   --------------------

Fuzale was on his way to the High-Speed Airborne Travel station. Vessels for Community are the consumer's means of space travel, HSAT would be the new modern intra-planet airlines, but ten times faster than it's previous technology.

"Masod, are you still at Cormora? I'm heading there," he contacted through his wrist. Masod asked about the incident, and Fuzale confirmed that Taz had been taken. In a few minutes, they were going to reunite and Fuzale would explain what the next thing to do is to the Bishop team. Most importantly, Fuzale went to Cormora because as a previous Media Unit leader, Qyu sent him to a press gathering at the nation's capital.

When he arrived, he met the others in a multi-purpose room at the community hall. Lark was there too, and he was the first to suggest that they could just get Qyu in a digital broadcast. Fuzale told them that she wanted to focus in the molecular teleportation tracking with Jean. 

"So it was really him? A Hollowan still in the Earth Worlds?" Sonie inquired about her findings.

"Yes, and I guess we just didn't see it coming. He kidnapped Taz as hostage," Fuzale explained.

"We could look for her on the planet, there's around 40 cities here," Lin started suggesting.

"No, Jean said the portal used a C8-something technology....Basically, they could be on any of the six worlds," Fuzale scratched his head at the scope as well. "I'm going to deploy a team from a few of you to ECCOS. Sonie, you'll lead this team, since you know your way around this physics-mumbo-jumbo."

Sonie was overwhelmed with this task, especially working around the ECCOS, which she finds is an amazing feat of human ingenuity. 

"Call in Cazelle and Gabriel. We need them," Fuzale added.

"We could track Taz in a few days, sir, is it necessary to bring them in from their ancient arts expedition?" Lark commented.

"The Hollowan, Basie. Yeah, that's what he calls himself apparently. Basie said that he wanted to investigate a bigger threat that's arising internally. This is more than him taking Taz as hostage for personal gains. He wants our full attention, so we'll give it to him" Fuzale clarified. He sent data to each of their digital account, and wanted to leave quickly to Skye City. "Does anybody wants to follow me to the press gathering for a while? I know one thing, that asshole Heyan Nilo will be there, and I need mental back up."