Anarchy X

They frantically lifted Fuzale up the gurney and rushed him to a surgery room. His dear friend Qyu was right by the action as she muttered to him, "You're going to be alright."

"Qyu, my family. Indie, and the kids-" Fuzale scrambled for her hands and let out with all his breath.

"You are going to see your family again," Qyu reassured. She walked along with the medical officers and asked them, "How long will this take?"

"Forty minutes," the man in the white uniform replied.

"What? It usually only takes ten!"

"This is Evolvo, ma'am."

Qyu was worried about the limited technology left on this planet. She slowed down as the medical officers pushed the gurney further into the corridor.

"It's been fun, Lennox" Fuzale managed to echo his voice across the hallway, making Qyu smile at his remark.

   --------------------

"The vessel that was taking Quantos Super 5 went into hyperdrive. The gravitational burst was different, so it may not be going to any of the six worlds," Lin reported in to the team in the lobby where they gathered.

"Fine, what about the one Commander El was on?" Qyu inquired.

"No meta-light speed. So she must still be on Evolvo," Spike added his input.

"Where would she go? And what is The Second Offense planning to do with that biological weapon?" Phi spoke up while taking a seat at the waiting bench.

"It's Influenza X," the voice came from Merck, who had just entered and was seen with a distracting diagonal bandage across her face.

"Are you alright?" Sonie saw her entrance and asked.

"Splendid."

"Influenza X? That weapon was never deployed but it only had a few tests with one individual. Alright, I need several of you to find her-" Qyu was starting to give instructions when a medical officer stepped in closer to her.

Qyu studied the worried face that the officer bore. "I'm so sorry, Madam."

All of them darted to the surgical room and saw Fuzale had closed his eyes for the last time. Qyu walked to the bed and pushed Fuzale's whiskey brown hair from his sweated forehead. They saw her shook her head in denial, or in grieve. Merck took a deep breath and leaned on the wall, still processing how Fuzale risked his life to save hers.

Not long before anyone could contemplate this incident, Qyu was called outside by an envoy of the Interstellar Affairs of Evolvo. The man handed her a tablet and it showed a direct feed of an uninvited vessel heading for the city Justity.

"I'm sorry, fellas. No time to mourn for losses, but we have a job to do," Qyu sobbed while announcing. "Lin," Qyu and Masod brought their Virenian soldier aside. "Masod suggested to me that we need you to do something else. Pioneer and Domia has a strong military history. Go find veterans-"

"And rally up as a back-up" Lin finished Qyu's sentence while nodding subtly.

"Make sure you lead them, Lin" Masod insisted. He handed Lin a badge that holds a 'General' rank upon it. "This was Jean's. He fought in the Civil War as General Maxim, before he just continued modestly in Science. When you find more soldiers, you give them the command."

Lin was touched by the stupendous trust they put in him to lead an army. He vouched their words and sprinted out.

The confused remaining Forefighters, New Heads with Basie and Ceylon, was ordered to head for the city. Kane and Merck saw that Sonie had slowed down and left the other's pace. They turned to her and asked what's wrong.