Chapter 3: Dangerous First Meet

[ S I L V E R ' S   P O V ]

After I finally finished my killer eyes look, I slipped on my studded trainers, grabbed my hotel keys off of the counter and left the hotel room, locking the door behind me. I had a funny feeling as I was going down the stairs but I convinced myself that it was my teleportation powers plying up again.

I walked around for a little while, maybe five or ten minutes. before someone was thrown feet first out of a bar and yell at in German. I smiled to myself and raised my eyebrows before strolling into the bar.

The smell of drunken men, sweaty bodies and fresh alcohol filled my nasal cavities and made me gag silently. It was a few seconds after pulling myself together again that I noticed everybody standing around a huge metal cage that was at least 50 feet high and 25 feet wide. Inside that cage, was a fight between a Cyclops and a very handsome angel.

Blood stained his wings and two talons protruded savagely from the top corners of them. His body was malnourished and his hair was knotty and coated with sweat but his eyes held a very sad tale. All I could see from this beautiful mutant was fear, anger, aggression and burning hatred for other mutants.

He used his right wing to stun his opponent and then sliced the talon, on the same wing, across the back of the Cyclops' fat layered neck. He bent down and carved something into the ground with his right wing talon and then backed off so that some medics could take out the now unconscious Cyclops.

Midway through the second fight with my number one enemy, Nightcrawler, the Winged Warrior's eyes locked onto mine. I didn't feel any fear or intimidation from him. Only pity and curiousness. Suddenly though, the Nightcrawler wrapped his tail around the Winged Warrior's neck and pinned his left side to the fence. Currents of electricity shot through the top of his left wing and brought him to the floor, holding his wing at an unnatural angle. Guns were aimed at him and I knew I had to act fast. I teleported into the ring and appeared next to the still injured and in pain Warrior. He was clenching his jaws together so hard, he could have crushed his own teeth and his eyes were squinted shut whilst hisses and cries left his mouth through his clenched teeth. Ignoring he fact that this guy was aggressive, I grabbed his hand and teleported both of us out of the ring.

We ended up at an abandoned stable yard which was burnt and falling apart. Upon realising his new surroundings, the injured guy scrambled to his feet and looked at me with a look that could kill anyone. He held his right wing up at an attack angle whilst his other wing was held twisted behind his back. His eyes held a burning hatred that not even Charles Xavier could have ever imagined and his shoulders were tensed.

"I don't want to hurt you" I said calmly. He twitched his uninjured wing and started taking small steps towards me. There was a limp in his walk as well which I guessed was caused by the angle at which he was holding his injured wing. I was about to say something else when he suddenly grabbed my neck and slammed me into one of the few surviving wooden beams of the stable barn. His right talon was touching the skin above the artery in my neck. Now I was no just scared. I was terrified.

With each passing minute, I feared him plunging his talon into my neck and the wait was driving me insane. Either he was actually going to do it but was waiting for the right moment, or he was just testing me. His eyes told two different stories. Then for the first time that night, he spoke.

"Who are you and where are you from?" His voice held a defensiveness that shook me to the core and rattled my box of courage.

"Who are you...and where are you from?!" He asked again, but raising his voice and pushing harder with his talon.

"Okay, okay. My name is Silver Morris. I'm from England but I'm currently living at Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters." I said quickly.

"If you know Charles Xavier then you are an enemy of me" He growled and raised the talon up. He was about to plunge it into my neck.

"Wait!" I cried out, stopping the talon just millimetres from my skin. "I can help you. Just please...don't kill me" I whimpered the last part.

"Why not?" He challenged, gripping my throat tighter.

"Because I want to help you. I know this is the first time we have ever met and that we don't know each other but you can trust me. I don't want to fight you." I spoke a little more confidently. He thought for a while before letting go of my throat and stumbling back. I fell to the floor in a heap, gasping for air and holding my neck.

"I'm Angel" The guy spoke. I nodded.

"I would say nice to meet you but you don't seem too nice." I mused, trying to get to my feet. But as with every case that is similar to this, my legs would not cooperate and I fell to the floor once again.

"Here." Angel said shortly and extended his hand to me. I took it nervously and he pulled me to my feet.

"Where are you staying?" He asked, still with a hard voice.

"The Meliá Hotel. But I'm only here for a few weeks. Charles thought I needed a break before I exhausted myself and caused some real damage to my health. Do you want to come up. Maybe I can fix your wing." I offered shyly. Angel raised his head in suspicion butt eventually nodded.

"Have you fixed a dislocated angel wing before?" He questioned.

"No but my Pegasus Indina dislocated his wing in fourteen different places. I fixed that easy enough."

"Similar bone structure. But my bones are a lot weaker than a flying horse's." Angel's still bitter voice replied. I didn't respond but held my hand out to him. He flinched back and looked at me wearily.

"Angel I already told you. I'm not going to hurt you. But unless you take my hand, I can't help you." A few moments passed before Angel's hand took mine and I smiled. I then teleported us back to my hotel room where Angel instantly started to relax and let his eyes leave mine, for the first time that night, and look around. I think he was finally beginning to trust me. That all disappeared the second I moved though.

THE HOTEL ROOM