Chapter 4: Recovery

[A N G E L ' S P O V ]

My wing was still burning as I looked around the hotel room. I felt vulnerable taking my eyes off of Silver but something deep inside me somewhere was telling me I could trust her. The hotel room was massive. In the middle of the room, pressed back against the wall was a king sized bed with white sheets sat on top of a creamy grey coloured rug and a black overthrow with brown edges folded at the bottom. Beside the bed were two dark oak coloured bedside tables, one on each side, each with a lamp and some magazines. In the far back corner on the same wall as the bed was a frosted window screen which led presumably to the bathroom and just next to that was the window which had the curtain pulled across but with the windows open. In front of the window was a curved loveseat, which for some reason, hotel managers thought were cute for couples but really they were just intimidating, and next to that was an oak table and a leather covered chair. Then to top things off, a plant was stationed in front of the loveseat.

Really it looked quite friendly and I was happy to keep my eyes off of Silver but the second she took a step towards me, I snapped my head round and glared at her with deadly blue eyes. I didn't want to but it was trained into me.

"Angel. I can help you but you have to stop acting so defensive." Silver's calming voice spoke softly to me as her wings twitched. I couldn't let my guard down and I tried my best to soften my eyes but I don't think it worked. Silver stepped towards me again but this time, she reached out and rested her cold hand on my burning arm.

"How can you help me other than fix my wing. I'm ruined. Damaged beyond recovery" I growled in frustration.

"Well I'm telling you now. I can help you Angel. If you just trusted me and gave me a chance." She argued back. I sighed and gave in.

"Fine. One chance but I'm telling you now, you're going to fail." I sighed, still holding bitterness in my tone. I watched as she pulled out a stool from under the table, which I had not seen before, and nodded her head towards it, telling me to sit down. I did as she asked and sat down, hissing in pain when my injured wing touched the floor and moved.

"Don't worry. You can do a lot more hissing and screaming in a moment when I fix it" Silver mused and walked over to one of her rucksacks. She pulled out a green first aid bag and walked back over to me, setting the first aid kit on the table behind me.

"What's in here?" I asked nervously as she opened the bag.

"This is no ordinary human first aid kit. Charles Xavier gave it to me before I left and said that whatever situation I came across, my mind would tell the first aid kit what I needed and it would appear inside." Silver said as she then stepped behind me. I grew nervous and frightened. This wasn't what I was! I was someone who was angry and aggressive, not some scared little girl.

"What are you gonna do to me?" I asked in a very scared tone and looked behind me with panic written all over my face.

"Your wing is not broken, only dislocated at the joint by your shoulder blade. So I'm going to relocate it back into the correct position. It's gonna hurt and you're probably going to scream which is why I'm telling you now to grit your teeth." Silver then said as she looked at me with those hypnotising silver eyes. You know... She was actually pretty damn attractive.

When I felt Siler's hands take a hold of my dislocated wing, I immediately hissed in pain and gritted my teeth whilst throwing my head down.

"On three okay." Silver warned me. I nodded, squeezing my eyes shut and clenching my teeth together. "One...two...three" And like that, she twisted my dislocated wing up and pushed it in towards my back causing me to scream in pain through my clenched teeth and tears to fall from my eyes. I'll tell you one thing now though. I had fought 57 fights and lost only this one. I thought I had felt every type of pain known to a mutant but none compared to this.

The pain lasted for about three minutes and in that time, Silver had wrapped a black bandage around the base of my wing and across my torso to help keep my wing stable.

"Better?" She asked. I nodded.

"Good. Now he burn on the top of your wing by the talon will heal naturally however, you will need an antibiotic."

"Great. Does that hurt?" I asked a little harshly.

"No. It's a needle." She said, pulling out an unused needle attached to a syringe and a small bottle of a transparent yellow tinted liquid. She drew up a little bit and walked over to me, taking the top part of my left arm in her still cold hands. She jabbed the needle into the bicep muscle of my arm and injected the liquid.

"It's a painkiller as well. Takes away the pain and clears any infections" Her soft voice chirped whilst she packed away the kit.

[ S I L V E R ' S   P O V ]

There was something about Angel that drove me insane. He was beautiful but at the same time he was spiteful. Not once since I fixed his wing had he taken his eyes off of me and to be honest, his stare was sending my nerves into a frenzy of fear. I wanted to confront him but I promised to help him. I then finally decided to go for a wander and stretch my wings out for a bit.

When I got back into my hotel room, I was silent as I entered in case Angel had decided to get some sleep. I peeked around and saw the curtains pulled back and Angel leaning against the railings on the balcony and gazing out across the town of Berlin.

I closed the door as quietly as I could and crept forwards to stand next to him. He jumped when he saw me stood there after about fie minutes.

"How long was you stood there for?" He asked.

"About five or six minutes. How's your wing?" I replied.

"It's okay. Still painful though" Angel sighed.

"It won't get better immediately. It's gonna take a few days. Unless you're..."

"The Wolverine Logan?" Angel finished my sentence.

"Yeah. You know him?" I asked.

"No. But I've heard about him from Stryker." Angel's voice growled in anger. I flinched back and gazed at my feathers.

"Oh. Anyway, you should sleep and get some rest. And before you protest, I have a little extra security." I smiled.

Angel looked at me in confusion so I whistled and seconds later, a gorgeous Golden Eagle swooped down and landed on the railings. Angel smiled faintly and sat on the loveseat with his legs tucked under him, folding his wings neatly behind his back and closing his eyes. I however, continued to stand on the balcony and stroke the eagle for a bit.

I waited for an hour to be sure that Angel was actually asleep before picking up the black overthrow and carefully laying it over his shivering body. I brought the eagle inside the room and set her on the top of the frosted screen before sitting down on the floor by the window and closing my eyes.

THE GOLDEN EAGLE