Chapter One - Rejected

Sammi's POV

I can't believe it. The moment I lay eyes on him. My childhood crush. The Alpha's son Kody. I know everyone had a crush on him. But I didn't like him because he was handsome, athletic or smart even though he is; I liked him because all rounded he is a wonderful person, he tells the truth as much as possible, he'd keep a secret, always keep a promise, because he is open-minded, considerate, respectful, responsible, kind. Everything an Alpha should be. Most like him just because of the things he is most known for. When someone asks 'What's Kody like?' they'll get a response like 'The future alpha of the Lunar eclipse pack, athletic, smart, handsome and popular.

And he's just staring at me across the way and I can see in his gleaming blue eyes that he is thrilled. I can see a small smile tugging at his lips even though he tries to keep it contained as the meeting starts.

As time in the meeting goes by I try as hard as I can to stay focused and to pay attention to the what the Alpha has to say but I can't help but let my eyes wander back to him. My one and only. But from what I hear in the meeting it's just a band of rogues lurking about and that they want us to be safe, doubling patrols and what not.

After the meeting, Mar and I went straight to the party with everyone else and you can guess who I spent the evening with. And  I ain't telling you what happened besides the fact that we all got drunk and that's hard to do being werewolves but there is this special alcohol called 'Wolfs Bane' named after the poisonous plant.

-------------

10 months later

Thrilled is the first word I can describe myself right now. Skipping happily into the fine pack house my home for ten months and also my pack house for eight months after being introduced as the mate of the Alpha Kody and are planning to be married and introduced as the Luna in a year as well as get marked finally even though I don't know why we couldn't have done it sooner. 

Bouncing giddily up the stairs I bound into my room with a smile so happy that is until I see the scenario. There is the pack guest Klara White on official business with the Alpha only. She may be the soon to be Luna of the Red Dawn Pack the strongest, most elite and respected pack in North America but I find something fishy about her. And there she is sitting comfortably on my side of my bed.

"Oh hey, Samantha." Kody sighs walking out of our bathroom his hair wet from a shower you can tell, he uses a Lime and Coconut Shampoo and body wash.

"What is Klara doing in our room on our bed." I inquire sternly. I haven't liked her from day one she has always been odd in my eyes not mentally but the way she acts around here as if she owns the place

"This exactly what we need to discuss..." Kody says confidently clasping his hands together as walking over to me " You see you can't be Luna or my mate anymore."

It's as if my whole world had shattered right then and there. Not only had it been heartbreaking to begin with but it was put so bluntly which made it heart-shattering. It made me question everything, our love and our friendship.

"What! Why." I demand tears pricking at my eyes

Then my eyes look towards Klara who is now off the bed " It's her?! Isn't it!"

"Yes."

That singular word is enough to set me off into a full-blown fiery rage. I start to run towards her with full heat for stealing my mate. I punch her in the face but not a moment after I pushed back by my one and only.

"How dare you attack your new Luna!!!"

" You brought her hear just so she could be Luna and not me and to be your mate instead of me, the one the moon goddess blessed you with?"

"I think the moon goddess made mistake if anything Klara should have been my mate we're perfect for each other." Kody yells furiously at me "Why should a gold digging slut like you be my mate and Luna."

"What! I have done no such thing." I shout back defending my virtue as I stand back up tall and firm "Whoever informed you of this is a no good liar and probably that wanna be over there, who else, if anything she's using you, she's the slut, the gold digger, a wench, a-"

In a matter of a mere few seconds, my neck is in the crook of an elbow pressed hard against a chest cutting off air circulation. My eyes are wide at the new situation as I claw at Kody's arm, gasp for air and being so short I barely touch the ground.

"How dare you speak to your Luna in such a manner, as a Beta's daughter you'd think you would have been taught better than that. To talk like that to the love of my life, the girl you knew I had a crush on my whole life."

With those words, I couldn't help but question my whole life. Was that look of excitement that he gave me when we first found out we were mates at that meeting all an act. Were all those kisses an act? All those notes, All those special dates. I feel like my life is a lie. I feel like I'm falling and when I land I'll shatter and won't be able to stand back up.

I hear someone scream some words and it sounds so desperate. But I have no indication of what is actually being said and I don't even care now, I feel hopeless. My eyes are already spotting, I'm already losing my energy. And just before I think I will slip into darkness, I'm roughly released and drop hard onto the ground.

Coughing and gasping I quickly gain my footing and all I can feel I shock and depressed, that my own mate would do such a thing. And I can tell that there is fear is in his eyes.

" I Kody Alexander Coal reject you Samantha Jasime as my mate and Luna."

"Kody!" Klara shouts roughly "You could have killed her! She is still a member of this pack!"

"And?" He asks  cluelessly and the cuts even deeper "You're her Luna."

I envy how he looks at her, that's the look he'd give me. Shattered is all I am now as I think what is best for us. Once I realize what my only decision is I shatter even more.

"I Samantha Jasmine Carter accept your rejection," I say as clearly as possible before walking out as the world seems to go by in silence and in slow motion and for a moment I see, surprise in his eyes. I walk by all questioning and worried pack members until I somehow to arrive at my brother's house. He won't be home but Marlene will be. There is no way I can win this argument and there is no way I can stand by and watch them have their own family.

🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

Hey readers I hope you like the new and improved chapter 2. Hopefully mote up to your liking. 

Don't Forget to Vote on my book and Follow me

🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕