Chapter Two - Goodbye (Very Short)

Sammi's POV

Walking quickly up the steps of my brother's fine modern home. But as I'm about to knock on the door I stop. Should I or shouldn't I? I know I want to leave this place for good but I don't know if I should leave now or say goodbye to my bestfriend.

Breathing deep and knock on the door and wait. Shortly small quiet footsteps and the door clicks open. Marlene looks surprised that I'm here but it's a happy surprise, untill she notices something is wrong.

"Sammi what's wrong?" Marlene asks furrowing her eye brows and placing her hand on my shoulder.

"I'm leaving." I croak out

"What, why?" Marlene asks but I see right through her, deep down she knows but she hopes it's not true "Why Sammi, you have everything you could possibly want in more."

"Not everything." I mutter solemnly rubbing the emerging tears from my eyes "I don't have my mate's love Mar. He, he rejected me."

"He rejected me Marlene." I sniffle as Marlene pulls me into a comforting hug "He rejected me for Klara White the heir to the strongest pack in the world, he rejected me for power and rank."

Marlene just stayed silent "I can't stay here Marlene, I can't."

"I know Sam, I just want you to know that you're my best friend and that you deserve so much better." Mar cries into the shoulder of my sweater "Just promise that you'll be safe and try hard to love again."

"I promise, I promise." I cry desperately pushing my self away from her, knowing that if I stay any longer I might not have the guts to leave 

" And tell Ben and Audree that I love them everyday." I say wiping away the salty tears off my cheeks "Okay

"I will." 

With that I turn away and get in my car and start to drive away from the only place I have ever called home. The place where I had my siblings that loved me but a place where I was the least loved by my parents. A place where I played from the crack of dawn till the sun would set behind the forest. 

From there it all goes by in a blur till I am suddenly alerted by my nose that I've crossed into a familiar territory. Looking out my window I see the faint glow of yellow eyes and smirk. I may as well set up where we're meeting. 

🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

Hey Readers sorry this kind of a boring chapter but it felt necessary so I wrote it any way. Hopefully the next few chapters are more interesting for you. 

Don't forget to vote on this story and follow me.

🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕