Just for the Panel

Jack rushes towards the stage, hair ruffled from sleep and cheeks pink from his dash. He ducks around others, desperately searching for his friends before they must go on without him. He spots Bob first, jogging towards him. Wade and Mark appear out of the crowd as well, standing with Bob.

"I'm so sorry I'm late," Jack begins as soon as the others have noticed him. "I slept too long, but I'm here."

"Are you sure you want to go on?" Wade asks, eyes flashing over Jack's sweating, panting figure.

The Irishman nods sharply, trying to control his breathing as he drags a hand across this forehead. "Of course."

Mark opens his mouth to say something, but a woman in a crew uniform cuts him off. "It's almost time to go on. Is everyone here?"

"We're all here," Mark assures.

The woman herds them towards the curtain, placing them as she talks into a headset and to others. The four forget their previous concerns as Jack takes the lull to pull himself together, sucking in deep breathes.

With the wave of a hand from a woman in black, Mark leads the line onto the stage. Bright light blinds Jack's eyes as a roaring applauds assaults his ears. He squints, following the vague outline of Mark's shoulders onto the stage.

Four oversized leather chairs are placed in a semi circle. The men sit while the applause gradually falls. The men smile and wave, greeting the fans with genuine enthusiasm.

Jack's stomach flips and turns but in a happy way. His cheeks ache from how wide his lips are stretched. The hot lights and flashing cameras make it impossible to see faces, but he can see the outline of people swimming in the crowd.

"Hello!" Mark bellows to the crowd, earning an explosion of cheer.

"Welcome to the Markiplier and Friends Panel at PAX!" he continues. "I'm here with Jack, Bob, and Wade!"

The crowd screams louder. Mark turns himself towards the other men, bright eyes drifting between the three men.

"How have we been, gentlemen?" Mark asks, to start off the panel.

The three smile, responding easily with basic answers: fine, great, wonderful! The crowd gives an excited cheer, jittery from the wait. Mark laughs, smiling widely, before relaxing his face, setting his eyes on Jack.

"How have you and Signe been, Jack?" Mark asks, staring deeply into the Irishman's eyes.

Jack's eyes widen, his head cocking just a bit as he keeps his face from stiffening. His mouth opens, and he is afraid as to what will fall out. Is Mark going to admit the truth? On stage? In front of thousands?

"We're, uhm, we're good," Jack offers pathetically. "We're great actually!"

"Well I don't see a ring!" Mark laughs, flashing a shining smile that makes the crowd swoon.

Jack's face turns pale, a bit of sweat collecting on his palms. He hates how dry his lips are, but his mouth is already open, trying to form the words, wondering if he should say something before Mark does.

"In fact!" Mark continues, exaggerated, before Jack can speak. "I don't see anyone with a ring except Bob's beautiful wife, Mandy!"

Mark shoots up from his chair, throwing his arms out. "And I can't believe that! Is Signe here, Jack? Can we call her on stage?"

"She's not," Jack response quickly, utterly confused.

"What about Molly, Wade's beautiful girlfriend?" Mark asks, turning to the crowd. "Are you out there, Molly? Please, come on up here!"

A woman stands in the crowd, laughing softly with cheeks flushed with a blush. The young blonde makes her way to the stage with a roar of applause, the fan looking at her like a shining goddess.

A stagehand helps her on stage, and she walks to the raven. Mark throws his arm around Molly's shoulders, pointing to a nervous looking Wade, though a smile is still on his face.

"Now, Molly, I want you to look at Wade and demand your ring!" Mark demands.

Molly throws a hand over her embarrassed face, giggling. Wade is laughing harder, trying to keep his attention on the two. He is wiping his hands on his pants, sweating a bit too fast to blame it on the lights.

"Help her out guys!" Mark shouts, getting the crowd excited. "Ring! Ring! Ring! Ring!"

The crowd picks up the chant, screaming for a ring. Molly's face is beet red, but her lips are smiling, a good sport. Molly turns into Mark, whispering something to him, and Mark motions for the crowd to quiet, earning nearly silence in only a moment.

Mark makes a grand gesture to Wade, stepping back as Molly takes a step forward. She opens her mouth, but before any words can fall, Wade jumps from his seat, dropping down on one knee. The crowd roars as Molly throws a hand over her open mouth, tears forming in the corners of her eyes.

Mark stands back, a huge smile on his face as his eyes water a touch. Jack throws a baffled gaze at Bob, who is smirking as if he knew all along.

"Molly," Wade begins, pulling a small black box from his pocket. He opens it to reveal a shining gold ring, flashing diamonds sparking.

"You have made me the happiest man in the entire world," he continues. "I can't image my life without you. I want is to be together forever. Will you marry me?"

Tears streaming down her face, Molly nods, giving Wade her hand. He slips on the ring, rising to wrap her in his arms. They kiss as the crowd roars, tear stained faces everywhere to be seen.

Jack dabs his eyes with the collar of his shirt, having always been an easy crier. He glances at Mark, still smiling brightly as a tear rolls down his cheek. The raven notices his eyes, glancing over to his friend. Jack's smile flatters,  and he turns his gaze away with a huff. Mark's smile turns a bit sad, but he brings his attention back to the couple, starting a thunderous applause.