Chapter 5

He opens the car's door and I enter and he winks at me as he closes it. I feel like somebody's tickling me.

He drives the car and I don't look at him. I just look at the dark and peaceful streets.

"Are you alright?"

"Yes."

I think I was too quiet. He holds my hand while his free hand is on the steering wheel. I shiver.

It is really cold and there's something strange I can hear from the engine. The car stops and I see smoke from the engine. I get out of the car quickly and he looks for the flashlight. He checks out the car and he said a wire broke down and the car lacks water.

"I think we'll have to walk home since there's no mechanical shop up for 24 hours here."

"What?! My house is too far for me to walk going there."

"If that's the case, then we'll have to sleep here."

I wasn't really sure if I would agree with him in sleeping here with us only us. It was a dark and creepy place.

"I'll have to agree with you."

We wait for the car to cool down. When the car was cooled, I go to the back seat and adjust the seat to make me lay down.

It was comfortable. He stays in the other side of the seat leaving a space between us.

He pulls me closer to him and I feel the tense rushing through my body. He pulls me closer and now I'm laying down on his chest and I could hear his beating heart.

"Shai, I think it's about time. I should confess my feelings to you."

I feel uncomfortable now like there are butterflies in my stomach.

"Shai, I like you. We have been really great friends and I don't think I just like you. I love you, Shai."

He pulls my chin up and touches his lips to mine. I don't bother stopping and I go with the flow. He stops and he smiles then he kisses my forehead. Then he press his lips to mine again and more passionately this time.

"Do you love me, Shai?"

I did but I didn't know how to answer him. All that came out was "Maybe."

"What?! You allowed me to kiss you but you don't even know if you love me?"

He sounded dissappointed.

"Well Theo, I loved you from the start."

He calms down and kisses my nose. He wraps me in his arms until I fall asleep.