Chapter 10

I still don't know if Theo and I are really official but then that's what I think.

"So, you and Theo hooked up?"

"Maybe. I love him mom."

My mom stays silent for a moment then she hugs me and whispers to my ear "I know Theo loves you." She stops hugging me and she taps my shoulder.

"I can't believe that my little Shai before is already grown-up."

My mom has never been like that to me but I think she wants to be happy again after dad died with a terrible heart attack.

She goes up the stairs to her room.

I lie down in the couch and turn the TV on. I remember this show. My mom, dad, and I would watch this every Sunday. I just miss those moments. My eyes are so heavy already so they close and now I'm sleeping.

I've slept all night but good thing somebody turned the TV off for me. I notice that my head kinda elevated. When I looked up, I saw Theo sleeping.

I poke his chin. He wakes up and stretches. "Good morning, Shai."

He leans down and kisses my lips. He releases so I could sit down.

Theo doesn't seem normal today like something's bothering him.

"Shai, I came here last night to tell you something but you were asleep so I decided to join you."

"What is it?"

I try to not mind what I'm feeling because I know it's something bad.

"I'm going to Australia for work. It's hard to be far from you but I can't do anything."

Tears stroll down my face. It's the thought that we might not see each other again.

"You said you would never leave me."

"Shailene I'm sorry. But I would never replace you, I promise."

I feel frustrated, angry, sad. I DON'T KNOW ANYMORE. I run to my room and cover myself with blankets and pillows.

He didn't even follow me. I think he's also having a hard time.

I lock myself up and for the whole day I stay in my bedroom not eating. I just keep on staring at my phone thinking if I should listen to the voicemail that he left me.

I listen to it. My flight is tomorrow at 3:00 PM. TOMORROW?!

I really don't know what to do anymore so I end up crying so hard.

Kinda sad.. I know but just wait for Chapter 11. You're gonna enjoy it. But before I make Chapter 11, make sure to comment or vote! By the way, I changed the cover. I hope ya'll like it.