Chapter 7

"Need any help?"

"Just sit back down there and relax."

He is cooking sunny side-up ehgs with some kind of green vegetables. He is really the perfect guy for me. He know me so well and he knows what I need.

I should ask him if he read my notebook. "Umm, Theo?"

"Yea darling sweet potato chewy gummy?"

"What the heck did you just call me?"

"Hahaha nothing, just in a good mood."

I loved how comfortable we are to each other. It makes me feel like I'm the only one in his life.

"Theo, did you read my notebook?"

(laughs) "Maybeeee"

I can tell he really did.

"But you said you loved me last night not because you read my notebook that I loved you too, right?"

"I meant to say I love you, Shai. I really do. I knew you loved me too so I decided to express my feelings."

He finishes cooking and serves what he cooked. The food looks good.

I walk to the sink to wash my hands and Theo puts his arms around my waist. He kisses my shoulders and I feel my cheeks blushing. This is not the right place to cuddle but I let him continue.

I turn off the faucet and he leads me to the dining table. He gets a spoonful of beans and puts it to my mouth and he uses the same spoon to eat his meal too.

My mom goes to the kitchen with a worried look.

"Mom is there something wrong?"

She bursts out into tears so Theo helps her and lets her sit to his chair.

"Shai. Shai."

"Mom! Just tell me."

I'm beggining to worry and I feel cold and I'm trembling. I rub her back while she is still crying.

"Gus is gone."

"Mom your kidding."

A tear falls down from my eye. I don't know how I'm feeling now. Even though Gus wasn't really close to me, he was still a friend.

"How am I supposed to be kidding?"

"Because he was the one who fixed our car later this morning."

I'm crying now.

My mom tells us to dress up to go to his wake.

How did Gus die? Was it because of me? What did I do to him?

Theo was there to comfort me. He knew how I felt. Gus was harsh on him but they were still friends.

Chapter 8 tomorrow! Vote or comment please.