jeff atkins

Walking into school, your eyes searched for someone in particular

Walking into school, your eyes searched for someone in particular. You found him with his friends, leaning again his locker surrounded by his usual group of friends. He caught your eye, quickly looking away but a smile burst onto his face. You strode past him, moving to your own group of friends. You could feel a pair of eyes on you and you knew who they belonged to.

"Hey, Y/N's here!" your best friend, Kat hollered.

Your other friends all turned and smiled at you. You returned it, but furrowed your eyebrows. They were acting odd.

"We have news" one of your other friends chorused.

"We think Jeff might be into you. You know the one on the baseball team? Hot Jeff?" another blurted.

You were stunned for a mere second before you regained your composure and laughed.

"Guys, there is no way Jeff Atkins is into me" you glanced at Kat, with a sly smile on your face.

Kat was the only one of your friends that knew about you and Jeff's relationship. Kat tried to hide her smug smile,

"He's been looking at for the past few weeks and you should've seen how he smiled when you walked in this morning"

You smacked her on the arm for feeding into this gossip and she put her hands up in surrender.

"Well, I guess I'll have to do something about that then" you winked at them playfully, making all of your friends laugh, unaware of the truth.

"Oh, better act fast then because, Tracy's on the same mission"

You turned around to see a girl leaning against his locker. They were laughing about something. She was pretty, prettier than you in your opinion. You trusted Jeff, you knew he wouldn't do anything to hurt you but you couldn't help the overwhelming feeling of envy as you watched him openly laugh with that girl. You two had agreed to keep your relationship a secret until he got his grades up since his parents thought a relationship would distract him. But seeing him talk to that girl so freely, laughing and joking, you realized that could've been you instead. But you were used to this feeling so you brushed it off.

"No but Tracy and Jeff would be kinda cute, I mean they've been working on a chemistry project together for the past weeks and they're adorable in class" one of the girls in your circle, thought out loud.

"Have they now?" you muttered.

"Yeah and I reckon they would be a pretty good couple"