Disney

This is my favorite Demonfire headcanon of all time so I had to write a fic about it! I'm also kinda basing this of me and ThePoorKing 's RP whoops 😅
***

Damian had only been dating Mar'i for a few months and, if he was being quite honest, he hoped there would be many more to come.

  He was surprised by how much he enjoyed her company. They oddly complimented each other well. He adored her bubbly, compassionate nature and, though he would never admit it, it started to make him go soft.

Currently, he and Mar'i were on another date. They were at the pool and Mar'i had been softly repeating the phrase "Just keep swimming" to herself.

"Is that some sort of swimming mantra?" Damian asked her, confused.

Mar'i looked at him for a moment, puzzled. "You don't understand the reference?"

"Should I?"

"I mean, almost everybody knows that. Have you never seen Finding Nemo?"

Damian had no clue what his girlfriend was talking about, but he assumed it was a movie.

"No," he answered with a shake of his head.

Mar'i's eyes bulged. "Have you ever seen any Disney movie before?"

Ah. So Disney was a movie franchise. It did sound a little familiar now, but Damian had never seen any of the movies she's referring to.

"No," Damian said again.

Mar'i gasped loudly and dramatically clutched her heart, as if this was physically affecting her. "Never?"

"I believe I've established that already, Mar'i."

Instantly, Mar'i got out of the pool and ran a starbolt-lit hand through her wet hair to dry it.

"Start drying off," she told Damian. "We're heading to my place."

He obeyed, but still raised an eyebrow at her. "Why?"

"We're going to binge watch Disney movies so you can see what you've missed out on your whole life."

"Mar'i, I don't think that's necessary," Damian started.

  "It's completely necessary. Now come on and put your dry clothes back on so we can go," Mar'i interjected.

Dejected, Damian sighed and did as she said. He allowed Mar'i to take his hands and fly them back to her apartment.

  Upon arriving, Mar'i looked for her collection of Disney DVDs and grabbed a couple of different movies to view.

   "Alright, I only grabbed a few, but there's The Lion King, Peter Pan, The Little Mermaid, and Beauty and the Beast. Which do you wanna watch first?" Mar'i asked, presenting the movie cases.

Damian looked them over and discovered that these Disney movies were children's cartoons.

He raised an eyebrow at her. "Are these children's movies?"

   "Well, they're made for kids, but a lot of adults enjoy them, too," she said.

He wasn't sure how any adult, let a alone teenager, would find animated cartoons entertaining. But, Mar'i seemed to really like them, so he'd do this for her.

  Damian randomly selected one and ended up picking The Lion King.

"A very good choice for your first Disney movie," Mar'i said. "You can sit down, I'm gonna put this in the DVD player."