Part 4

I rush into the bar, and look around. The bar smells of liquor and vomit, and it's dark and musty.

I look around to find the blue shirted boy, but come up empty handed. I go up to the bartender, as she's wiping a cup.

"Oi lad what can I get fr' ya?" She asked, her Irish accent dripping from her voice, complimented with bright green eyes and dark red hair.

"Just wondering, have you seen a boy in a blue shirt in here? Waiting for somebody, blue eyes, small beard, sound familiar?" I ask her.

"Ya just missed em ya did lad. Ye Bo?" She asked me, setting down her glass.

"Yes ma'am." I replied.

"Here. He said if I see ya ta give ya tis." She hands me a receipt, and I look at it. She's moved on to her next costumer.

I turn over the receipt, and see a message.

Dear Bo,
If you're seeing this, you actually came. I'm sorry I gave up, but here's my number if you're still interested.
(***)***-****
Hopefully I'll hear from you soon.
- Jake

Jake. His name was Jake.

I thank the lady and she tells me, "ah sure jasus go find your boyfriend." She smiles at me, and I run out of the bar to get reception. I dial in the numbers on my phone, and wait for an answer.

*ring ring...ring ring...ring ri- "Jake." I hear a voice from the other side of the phone.

"Jake? Is that you?" I asked him, even though he already said his name.

"Bo?" He asked, hope filling his voice.

"Ya. Listen I'm sorry I didn't know my body guard blocked you. He didn't tell me anything till I asked about an hour ago." I tell him.

"I ran straight to the bar," I continue, "in your note, and asked the bartender. She gave me your note with your number and.. here I am now." The words spill from my mouth trying to make a valid excuse for not calling him in hours.

"Bo it's fine. Listen, what time is it? 8:30? Well, if you're not too tired, then maybe we can meet somewhere. Get a late dinner. What do ya say?" He asks.

"That would be great. Uh, how about Pilot House?" I ask him.

"I'd love that." His voice crackles through. "I'll see you there in 30?" He asked.

"I'll see you there in 30." I say, and hang up.

A smile rushes across my face, as I let my back hit the brick wall of the bar behind me. Pilot House is only a few blocks away, maybe 10 minutes, so I have time.

I smile at the bright moon, happy to be finally meeting my crush.

Well, I don't know what to call him. My crush? Boyfriend? Friend? Maybe he's taken. Maybe he's straight.

Well, only way to find out is to go.

I start walking down to the restaurant, when somebody runs over to me, pushing me down. The man stands above me with a gun held out. He takes my phone and wallet, and started running.

I tagged behind, wanting to get my stuff back. I follow him down roads, and I can tell he's not good at long distance, unlike me. He quickly pulls ahead, but soon slows down.

I rush to him, and he tries to get away from my line of sight. He crosses a road quickly, and I'm still close behind.

I hear a loud horn as I'm in the middle of the street. I see a car, maybe two feet away from me. The bright lights blind me, and I feel a sharp pain in my side, followed by my head banging against the ground.

That's all I remember, before I passed out.