Chapter Three

Levi sets the glass on the counter. He attempts to stand and pushes himself up, but his arms shake violently.

   "Eren?" He asks.

   "Yeah?" Eren replies.

   "Um. Uh" Levi takes a deep breath. "Can you, um. Help me stand?"

   Eren hesitates then reaches down to help him. "Yeah"

   He reaches up, clinging onto Eren's arms. He's shaking badly.

   A wet burp escapes Levi's lips. Bile burns the back of his throat. He clamps a hand over his mouth, his eyes widen as he feels the vomit climb up inside him.

   "Levi? You alright?" Eren asks, his voice full of worry.

   Levi opens his mouth to respond, but instead he pukes all over himself and Eren. They're both speechless.

   Eren holds Levi tightly, but he's confused. He never thought Levi would ever do such a thing. He sets the older man down onto the floor, his back against the cabinets.

   Eren grabs some towels and begins to try to clean Levi. He looks up and sees  tears- wait, what? It's death, not tears. Death is in his eyes. Eren scoots away from from him, I guess he wants to live. Levi snatches the towel from his hands and starts to clean himself. Eren repeats the action, minus the towel stealing.

   As he wipes himself with the towel, he contemplates if he should tell Levi, he's already vulnerable. He decides on - yes. "Hey, Levi? I was thinking-" He asks.

   "Shut it, Jeager. Never speak about what happened earlier" Is Levi's response. He glared at Eren when he said this.

   "No! I mean, I'll never tell anyone, but that's not what I was trying to say!" Eren exclaims.

   Levi looks at him."It's not?"

   "No. I wanted to say. Um. I wanted to say that, UGH!" He groans.

   "Spit it out already"

   "I love you, Levi!" He shields his face.

   "What" Levi whispers. He stares at the ground, thinking, 'Oh God. Eren just confessed to me. What do I do. Do I tell him I love him too? No, I don't love him. No, I do. No, I don't! NO, I DO!'

   Levi does the only thing that his brain can be sure he knows. He kisses him. Hard. Eren lets out a muffled grunt. Levi collapses on him. Eren catches him.

   "Levi! Are you OK!?" Eren asks, panicking and blushing.

   Levi grips onto his clothes. "I-I'm. I'm fine-AGHHH" He wails and would have fallen to the floor if Eren hadn't caught him again.

   "AHH! LEVI!! What's wrong?!"

   "Cra-cramps" Levi manages to say. He clutches his stomach with both hands.

   "Oh! Um, whenever Mikasa gets cramps, my mom told her to lay down in the fetal position. So that might work"

   "A-alright. Help me to, to my bed"

   Eren helps Levi into his bed, he doesn't even bother to get under the covers. He curls up into the fetal position.

   "Ngh. Kinda helps" Levi comments.

   "Oh, sorry. I know my mom wasn't the doctor, but for some reason she always helped Mikasa with cramps" Eren ponders. Levi almost laughs at Eren's ignorance. "Sorry, I'm rambling"

   "No, no. It's OK. It distracts me from the pain"

   "Really?" Levi nodds. "Oh, well, whenever Mikasa gets them, she goes to our mom, even when our dad was home. She'd also go to the bathroom every like, hour, and change her dress often. Our mom also told her she didn't have to collect sticks, she'd always do it anyways though"

   "Eren? I um, love you too. If the kiss wasn't clear enough"

   Eren blushes, yet again and responds, "Thanks. You feeling better?"

   "Yeah, the pain has ceased"

   Levi is tired so he curls up with his pillows. Eren leaves and he is disappointed, but he comes back with a blanket and puts it on Levi. He sighs in content.

   "You comfy?" Eren asks.

   On the verge of sleep, Levi mumbles something like, "Mm Yeah"

   Eren watches as Levi falls asleep, his face adopting a peaceful expression. He feels sleepy himself, so he lays his head on Levi's bed and sleeps.