[04]

A familiar shiver ran down Ryan's spine as he turned around, expecting to see someone behind him as the source of the voice. Nothing.

His eyes shifted to Sara, who didn't react to what he heard. She was still expecting an answer from him.

"I, uh," he stuttered and stammered, "the other room. Do you want to uh, check it out?"

She nodded, choosing not to answer vocally, and lead the way out of the room. Ryan, who was scared out of mind, quickly followed behind her, wondering how she had seemingly forgotten about what had just happened only not even three minutes before.

"That one." He pointed, relief washing over him that everything was still how he left it when he ran over to Sara.

Kneeling, Sara observed the photo from every single angle. She stared very intently at it, as if she was entranced by the thing itself.

"S. Who is S?" she questioned aloud, standing from her position. She now stood in the middle of the room, the sunlight directly glaring against the still-glossy photo and reflecting off the newly-painted walls.

"Sara, hell if I knew." Ryan sighed.

"Can we get out of here?" he asked after another minute of Sara's silence whilst looking at the photograph.

Her head snapped to his direction and she nodded, a bit hastily and unsure.

"Yeah, this place is making me feel uneasy."

She pocketed the photo as they were leaving, making Ryan stop in his tracks.

"You're bringing that back?" he almost screamed, now looking at the photo as if it were a monster about to lunge at him.

"It's striking me a bit odd, actually. I want to take a good look at it, Ryan."

"You've been staring at the picture for half an hour!" he yelled, his tone high-pitched and full of dread.

"It's not going to bring itself to life and kill you or harm you. It's just a photo." She said, shrugging as she exited the apartment, leaving Ryan alone by the door.

He knew this wasn't a good decision, but other than taking notice at what she had done, he didn't take further action on stopping her from bringing the thing. He closed the door behind him and took the lengthy walk back to Sara's apartment.

this is way shorter than the other ones, for the reason that this more of a filler for the next part. thank you for the praise for this story, you really don't know much this makes me happy. please leave a vote and a comment on what you think! follow me on social media:

twitter: darkipliar