nineteen

camilas point of view

2:27 am

ping!

2:28 am

ding!

2:29 am

4 missed calls

2:30 am

ding!

what the fuck. camila thought. the annoying notification sound of her phone woke her up. she barely got any sleep and now this. she was beyond pissed off. she removed shawns arm off from being wrapped around her and reached over the nightstand table beside her and grabbed her phone. she squinted at the screen and turned down the brightness and waited a second to let her eyes adjust.

25 missed calls
69 text messages
7 voicemails

what the hell could possibly be going on that is this important at 2:30 in the morning she thought. usually she'd wake up with a few texts mainly from lauren but not this many to where it'd wake her up.

her phone buzzed in her hand. she had an incoming call from normani. she quickly went out of the room and stepped out into the hallway of her apartment.

"hello" camila answered in her raspy morning voice.

"hey mila" normani sniffled. what was she crying? was she okay?

"mani it's 2:30 in the morning what's going on?" camila asked.

"s-she's hurt" normani cried.

"what? who's hurt?" camila asked. she started to worry. she had never gotten calls like this before. is this a prank?

"she w-as driving and" she began before breaking down. camila heard her cries through the phone. she knew this was serious. "i-its all over the news" she continued. in no time camila had quickly grabbed her tv remote and went to news channel 5.

"-we wanna report that the singer has been found at the scene of a car crash"

"i have just been informed that she was under the influence of alcohol as well as texting while driving"

"she's been put into intensive care at the hospital and has very serious injuries"

the news reporter didn't say any names but camila already knew who it was. it was the first and only name that popped up in her head.

"mani?" camila asked to reassure that she was still there.

"yes?" normani sighed.

"is it lauren?" she asked even though she knew the exact answer.

"y-yes" normani stuttered out trying to hold back her cries.

"text me the address and i'll be there in 20" camila told her.

"okay i will" she said before hanging up.

a single tear slipped out of her eye before she quickly grabbed her converse and a jacket. she found her car keys and was about to leave until shawn stopped her.

"m-mm where are you going it's so early?" he questioned while stretching his arms out above his head.

"i-its an emergency i really h-have to go"

"wait what? where are you even going?" he asked while pushing the blanket off his body.

"shawn no stay here i need to go. i can drive myself don't worry about it i'll be back. stay here" she tried to convince him. before quickly moving towards the door. shawn noticed her weird behavior. she was shaking.

"baby calm down. is something wrong? talk to me" shawn tried to get her to tell him. he blocked the doorway so she couldn't get out.

"please move. i-i-i have to go it's really an emergency" she said while trying to push him away from the door.

"i'll drive you. i don't think you should be driving right now you're literally shaking" he said without moving an inch.

"no shawn move the fuck out the way i need to go" she ordered him.

"just tell me what's the emergency. are you hurt? did someone hurt you?"

"no it's l-lauren. i have to go please move" she finally spilled. he moved out the way and let her leave. shawn understood. he knew how important lauren was to camila. lauren is everything to her. throughout their whole "relationship" camila cried almost every night trying to get over lauren. she still loved her after everything that happened. and she still does to this day. she never really moved on. she was forced by her record label to date shawn mendes for more publicity. but lauren still has her heart. but she cant go back to her. lauren has hurt camila soo many times before and she doesn't wanna take that anymore. she doesn't wanna go through it again. she knows lauren would improve if she gave her a second chance but she doesn't wanna risk another heartbreak. plus she feels as if she isn't enough for lauren. she always felt like that in the relationship. so she tried to do everything for lauren. she tried to do anything that'd make her happy. all she cares about is her happiness. she didn't wanna keep getting hurt and she thought lauren could do better without her. so she left. she thought lauren would be better off without her.

___

yes i'm aware that this sucks and is different.