Chapter 18 - Second Encounter

LUNA POV

As Natsu stood in front of mother, I drew a nervous blank. Everything that has been leading up to this moment, all disappeared. This man that I know absolutely nothing about, is someone I feel the closes too. I felt this once before when meeting him at the bakery back in my hometown, except back then this feeling wasn't as intense as it is now.

My body was urging to walk over to him, but for some unknown reason my legs stood frozen in place. Why can't I move?........Am I scared?

I watched him intently, as he said something to mother

I watched him intently, as he said something to mother. Then Natsu turned to look straight at me. Through this semi- dense crowd he found me. Then something inside of me started to stir. All these emotions I had been holding onto for years are building. Natsu, then starts walking towards me, with an unreadable expression. My body was stiff as a board, my vision tunneling in on only him, as every step getting closer. My heart pounding.

Suddenly in no time at all, he was standing directly in front of me.

My eyes were so fixated on just him, everything around us, was blurred out

"Luna." I tensed even more at my name. Then something in me snapped. The very moment he spoke my name, filled the gaping hole in my heart. "F-Father." I stutter, as a stream of tears fall from my eyes.

===================================

NATSU POV

The very second the guild door swung open. That sweet aroma coming from my little girl filled my nostrils instantly. I could sense her presence, and pick her out with no trouble at all. For these past 12 years, having to keep my distance from my little girl, has been difficult. But also because of that little girl, I also understood where Lucy was coming from.

At that time I had absolutely no right to interfere with the life Lucy had managed to create in my absence. But that was not the only reason why I chose to keep my distance. I chose to keep my distance, because......With each passing day, is another day closer to my death.

Soon I shall face off against Zeref in order to protect this world, more than I ever did before. I need to protect my child. So when the day comes that is exactly what I'm going to do.

As I'm walking through the guild hall, I see Lucy talking to her best-friend Levy. It seemed they were having an interesting conversation, by the way Lucy was turning bright red and levy with a devilish looking smirk. That was when I decided to see Lucy before, going to speak to Luna. As I made my way over, I stopped just behind Levy. Lucy's eyes widen, as I caught her attention.

"Natsu" Lucy said, my name under her breath. It was so quiet, but I could heard it.

That was when Levy sheepishly turned around to face me. "Ahh Natsu..." She nervously chuckled.

I nodded at Levy, acknowledging her. Then I looked back to Lucy. I noticed that her Breathing was heavy and just like that day 12 years ago, it seemed she still was not ready to see me. So I did not want to push the matter any further. When she is ready to talk to me, I'll be waiting.

I just simply smiled at her. "It's good to finally have you back Lucy."

Lucy just looked back at me not saying a thing  and just nodded.

"Well then....I guess, I'll be seeing you around....Lucy." Flashing her my Natsu smile. 

Not waiting for her reply, I just walked away from her, once again

Not waiting for her reply, I just walked away from her, once again. Even when I want to hug her, I can't...I can't talk to her like normal. Because she doesn't want to be around me. Lucy's whole demeanor is as if we are strangers. Just like that day 12 years ago, and just like 12 years ago, it still hurts.

The moment I turned around I spotted Luna instantly, staring at me so intently. I couldn't believe just how much she looked like Lucy. I smile crept across my face, she is so beautiful. I'm finding it hard to believe that this little girl is my daughter. I walk towards her and the closer I get to her, I notice that she looks nervous, but more than anything she looks afraid. Just an arm distance in front of her I stopped.

Now that I stand in front of her, I'm lost for words. How exactly am I meant to act towards her. Do I hug her? Act like a stranger? What should I say to my own daughter? Does she even know who I am? What if I say the wrong thing........

Suddenly I notice that not only was I having a hard time, but she was too.

I took a deep breath in. "Luna." I call her name.

Luna didn't say anything and just looked at me, her lips trembling. Then one word that caught me completely off guard, that I was not expecting at all, seeped out of her mouth.

"F-Father." She stutter, as tears streamed down her face.

With just that one word, stirred up so many emotions in me

With just that one word, stirred up so many emotions in me. Ever since finding out she was my daughter I have longed to hear her call me father. I diverted my gaze from hers, as I felt the tears build up. They were on the verge of escaping. With that one word has brought so much joy to me.

Then all of a sudden, Luna embraced me all on her own. "I have always wanted to meet you...And now that I have, I feel complete. Ever since I can remember, I always felt like a piece of me was missing. And ever since seeing you 12 years ago, at first I didn't understand. But seeing you today. I was right. You were the missing piece." Luna cried, hugging me tighter.

"Lu....na' choking on my words.

"You have been the missing piece, that I have been looking for." Lucy cries even more.

I wrap my arms around her.  The tears had now escaped, I held her tightly not wanting to let go of her.

My little girl......Little girl has been searching for me. "I feel the same way too." I sobbed.

"You don't know how happy I am right now."