Seas of Gold

Bertolt sat in the windowsill of his bedroom, head against the cool glass as he watched the sinking sun. He didn't want them to, but his thoughts kept swimming to Reiner and his ways. Bertolt hadn't been around him a whole lot but he could tell there was something about the boy that he just couldn't get over.

He could tell that he was a rather bitter person, over what he didn't know, and it showed to anyone that tried to approach him. No one had even dared spare a glance at him in fear that he would murder them with his eyes; no one, except Bertolt. Normally, the boy never really pursued anyone on his own. It took a lot of forcing to get him to actually meet someone.

There was something that intrigued the tan boy, something that he had never quite experienced before. Bertolt had been a rather sheltered person most of his life, but that was just because he had always been a shy boy. Even as a young child, he never much took to others. That was why his friends list never much ventured outside of the ones he had.

Bertolt had known Eren since he was around three years old, so it wasn't at all uncomfortable for him when the boy came to live with them permanently. At the time, Bert couldn't quite understand the severity of the situation but he still knew that he needed to give the emerald eyed boy room. Once Eren finally opened up again, it became hard to believe that they weren't actually related by blood.

Although Bertolt was the taller of the two, Eren was always very protective of his adoptive brother. Every time someone picked at his sibling, he would nearly go into a blind rage to protect him. Bertolt admired his care, but always worried for him. Of course, as their final year came around and most of them had matured, the making fun had dimmed down a good bit and there was less need to fight people.

Bertolt sat, thinking of the short encounters with the blonde and wondering if he could somehow convince him to give him a chance. He didn't know what to do with himself, he didn't know how to come across as a good option, he didn't know anything really about making friends. That's always where his thoughts turned rather dark.

To all of the others, making friends seemed to come natural to them. They didn't have to plan out an entire scenario in order to get someone to talk to them. They didn't have to stutter around to find the right words, and they came across as friendly and energetic. But he shook his head and sighed, closing his eyes before his phone went off. He furrowed his brows before digging it out of his back pocket.

Unknown: Is this Bert?

Me: Yeah?

Unknown: Gr8, wanna work on the prjct or fuk arnd?

Me: Yeah we can work on the project, where?

Unknown: meet @ park?

Me: Sure.

Bertolt wasn't going to say that he was expecting that. In fact, he was rather surprised at the fact that the blonde boy had even texted him. The chuckled at the fact that he wanted to go to the park, making Bertolt wonder just how bored was he? Nevertheless, he rose up from his spot on the window grabbed a jacket from his closet, since it was one of the colder days of the week. Spring never quite had a set temperature for them.

It was only around half past four in the evening, so it wasn't really that late. He climbed down the stairs as he slipped his arms through the sleeves of the thin fabric, it sliding easily over his soft sun kissed skin. His shoes padded softly down the stairs as he shoved his rather large, slender hands into the pockets of his hoodie. His hair flopped gently with his steps, the chocalate locks soft to the touch. His physique was rather thin, a slight build natural to him as he was a rather active teenager.