Where's My Love

Bertolt had never really thought much about prom. He had wanted to go when he was in junior high, but the older he got the less he did. It was weird for someone to go by themselves, and all of his friends had a person. Bertolt didn't really know how to ask someone either, so that was out of the question. Usually when Bertolt thought about something, he would zone out. He wouldn't hear anything that was being said to him, or see anything that was right in front of his face.

"Bert. Bert. Bertolt!" He heard from beside him, snapping him out of his daze.

"Hello? Yes what is it?" Bertolt asked, his eyes wide and his head snapping around like he had just woke up. He seen Reiner, who was seemingly slightly amused, and he relaxed. "Oh, hey there." He poked his tongue out.

"I thought I'd lost you there for minute. You were so spaced that you didn't hear a word I said about prom, now did you?" Reiner asked, locking his phone and putting it away. Bertolt smiles sheepishly and shook his head.

"If it makes you feel any better, I was thinking about prom. What were you saying, though?"

"I was saying that maybe you and I could just go together, as friends of course. Since neither of us are very personable." He added. Right, Bertolt thought. That word hadn't been thrown around lightly since spring break. Friends. Reiner had seemed to have put that whole thing behind him and never thought back to it. For Bertolt though, he spent most of his free time thinking back to it.

Bertolt remembered the way it felt to have Reiner touch him, the way electricity shot through his body every time he kissed him somewhere, the way Reiner took care of his body like it was a fragile piece of glass. Reiner made sure that he went soft and slow so that he wouldn't hurt him. It was almost like, rather than just fucking, Reiner made love to Bertolt.

"Bertl, wake up." Reiner said, and only Reiner would know how long he tried to get his attention that time. "Did I say something?"

"I was just thinking about some stuff, things don't matter really." Bertolt tried to laugh it off, but Reiner could tell it was forced. Reiner knew how innocent Bertolt was, and how much God meant to him, so he was aware of the turmoil he'd endured since spring break.

"Well, what about prom? What do you say?" Reiner asked, hoping to change the subject.

"Do we get matching tuxes?" Bertolt asked cheekily.

"If that's what makes your heart content then sure, why the fuck not?" Reiner said, earning a slap on the arm.

"Reiner Braun! I cannot believe that you would say such a thing in front of God and everybody!" He teased. Reiner couldn't figure him out. He was so set in his ways about being a good, God fearing boy, but his strict guidelines slowly melted away. He stopped feeling uncomfortable with Reiner's constant profanity, and began joking about it when he heard it.

"Well, god is everywhere anyway, isn't he?" Reiner asked, he didn't know much about it, but he had gathered that much. Omnipotent meant always there, so it's the same picture, right?

"That's what they tell me, anyway. I gotta get home for dinner, text me or something." Bertolt smiled at Reiner before walking out of the library. Reiner sat there for a moment, shocked. Did Bertolt stop believing in god?

Marco and Ymir helped set the table for dinner while their mother cooked. Marco was always tense during dinner, fearing that his father would say something about Jean. Marco was always on edge around his parents. Ymir knew it too, she usually always tried to keep conversation off of anything school related or friend related. They all sat down for dinner.

"You know, Marco, I haven't even asked you, or your sister, who you planned to take to prom this year. It is your senior year, after all." Their mother said. Ymir just played with her food, apologetically leaving Marco to answer that question. He swallowed.

"I was thinking about just going with Jean, you know, as friends." He said quietly. He avoided his father's eyes.

"I won't allow it." His father boomed loudly, showing his authority over the teen. Marco had been exercising restraint for so long, he had always been a good little kid, to let Ymir have the fun. It had been kind of a silent agreement that she would be the wild one and he would be modest and quiet.

"And just why not, might I ask?" Marco asked calmly, setting his fork down on his plate and looking back up to his father. Ymir looked on nervously, she didn't know how long Marco could keep himself together.

"Because, I said so." His father stated as if it were enough.

"There's more to it and we all know it. You might as well tell us, we're all listening." Marco used his hands to gesture towards the rest of his family, he was still calm, the calm before the storm, as some would say.

"Alright then." His father stated, sitting up straighter as if to show his dominance. "I think people will get the wrong idea, what? With my son going to prom with a homosexual? The devil has him bound by the arms! Anyone can see that. He has tried to deny it, but he knows that it's not working. He is an abomination and I will not allow my children to be friends with anyone like him."

"Cornelius!" Their mother stated in awe. "That boy has been a part of this family for years!" She said, quietly to most, but loudly to them.

"And just what's wrong with being gay?" Marco snapped, making everyone look at him in shock. He was standing now, his chair knocked over. "It's no different of a sin than you hating him, you do know that, don't you? Please tell me that you don't believe that because I will gladly whip out the word of God for you and show you." Marco seethed. His father stood up, Ymir was on edge, waiting to intervene if needed.

"I know exactly what that book says. I've been preaching it for years and I would have thought that you would know what it says as well. Boy shall not lie with man! Do you not know that boy?" He walked closer to Marco, and normally Marco would have cowered away, but not this time.

"Preaching the word doesn't make you a follower, and being a Christian doesn't always make you a good person." Marco stated easily, he didn't even think twice, but he was shocked when his father slapped him.

"Marco!" His mother yelled in fear.

"Don't you fucking touch him again or you will be sorry." Ymir was fuming, standing over her brother protectively as soon as it happened. Their father looked on in shock, he couldn't believe what was happening to his children. Marco had a small bruise forming over his cheek, his perfectly tan skin was becoming tainted.

"The devil has entered this house, and taken over everyone here." Their father said, his eyes holding nothing but anger. Marco tried to keep from crying, but a tear still made its way down his face as he spoke.

"I just so happen to love Jean." Marco spat, turning to leave the room. He ran outside, the air was surprisingly cold for it to be March. He was so angry, he was so broken. That was the first time he had really told anyone that he loved Jean, and he had never really told Jean that did. Marco felt in his pockets for his car keys and luckily found them so he didn't have to back inside.

He got into his car and cranked it. His sister walked outside and to his window, which he had already rolled down.

"Are you okay?" Marco asked and Ymir scoffed.

"I'm fine, I'm not the one that got hit. Are you okay? Where are you going?" She asked. She was worried about him.

"I'm fine, and I realized that I never told Jean that I loved him." He smiled and Ymir rolled her eyes. She told him to get lost and he did. He went to tell Jean how he felt.

Here you guys go 😉