Chapter 23

The flash of black fur atop Highrock told Nightsong that her father was going back to observing his Clan. He narrowed his eyes at Willowfur, who was bouncing around Flamepelt asking him to beg their leader to go to the gathering. Nightsong flinched. All her instincts screamed to kill the silvery she-cat trying to capture the toms heart. Flamepelt was fuming with annoyance from having to repeatedly tell her that he wasn't going, and that she must respect their leaders desision. Though Nightsong assumed he was purposely trying to distract her.
Willowfur caught her eye, annoyance and anger evident. Nightsong glared back. It wasn't her fault he wasn't paying her attention! If anything, it was her own fault. If she weren't so obnoxious and obsessive, maybe she'd get an answer! Flamepelt caught her eye, he rolled his eyes. Nightsong felt the same. Echofur wandered up to Willowfur, the way her tail dropped told Nightsong that she'd been assigned a patrol. Flamepelt brightened up,though. Darksong was coming up behind the NightClan deputy. Nightsong suddenly realised why.
Darksong you mouse-brain! What else has Flamepelt been telling you to organise? An extra rabbit for me or something?!
She realised that a mischievous glint had made its way into the darker she-cats eyes. Nightsong understood immediately.
She did this in her own accord!
Nightsong wasn't surprised, Darksong had always been pestering her about taking a mate. And now her wish was coming true, she wanted to make sure there were no obstacles. Nightsong flicked her tail. It wasn't common for Darksong to go our of her way to make something happen. But if she spoke to the deputy to get rid of the distraction, it was a big deal. Nightsong could tell it was close to sun-high. Flamepelt had specified he'd take her when their clanmates went to the gathering. Collapsing beside the nursery, she could see Darksong was walking over. But she walked right past her sister, and pushed her way into the warm den. Peering into the den, she could see the shape of Darksong making nests comfortable.
She's doing it because she's expecting me to have kits. Just like her! To think too far into the future. And she's always right..
She had to stop herself on the last thought. Every time Darksong thought to the future, she was right almost every time. Was she predicting she'd have kits? Or did she know..... the thought swarmed around her head until Willowfur approached. Nightsong growled slightly, she could see Darksong inside the den stiffen and kept her head to the entrance. The Dark she-cats eyes were fixed on the silver for threatening movements.
"What do you want? Don't you think you are annoying enough without disturbing me?" Nightsong hissed. Willowfur glared at her. Her voice came as a threatening snarl.
"Look,fox-heart. Flamepelt is mine. So get your eyes off of him, and onto another tom!" Nightsong could hear Darksong scrabbling to the entrance,still out of sight, with her eyes glued to the cat. One more comment and she'd pounce. Nightsong glared back at the silver. Jealousy and hate danced in her belly. How could this annoying cat think she could take him?
"You can't tell me what to do! Flamepelt will never love an annoying flea-bag like you. Every cat knows how desperate you are! Why can't you wake up to reality and see he doesn't like you!" Nightsong snarled. She willingly let her claws slide out. She was within one mousetail before she lashed out. Darksong was the same. Flamepelt was too busy reinforcing the elders den walls to take notice of the friendly conversation going on. Willowfurs fur was bristling. Nightsongs neck fur was fluffing up and her mouth was pulled back into a snarl.
"Look! He is mine! You'll never have him you fox-hearted mange-pelt! If each warrior is a blessing from StarClan, you're a curse to this clan! A burden! A useless cat who does nothing but drown in her own misery! Maybe Fawntail was right. You should have died instead of Lionclaw. Maybe you should just drown in your own grief! Maybe it will do you some good instead of whining about that mange-pelted tom Twigheart!-" Willowpelt was spitting each insult like it were venom. And if she spat enough, it would kill Nightsong instead. Each word was like rubbing a raw wound. Her heart was cracking each time sentence. What she said next broke her. Darksong was even surprised.
"Twigheart was never interested in you,Nightsong! He loved Darksong better! He thought if he got close to you you might agree to let him be with that dumb mouse-hearted she-cat. But he died before he could ever confess! This is why you're a burden. You break under grief that never should have been there! Twigheart was a fool to make you think nice of him. I'm fact, every cat is a fool to think of you as a 'cat who lost much'! You in fact lost the least of us all!" Darksong was frozen in dismay. Nightsong was broken. Her eyes were widened in shock. Tail limp as fresh-kill. Her legs seemed to grow weaker. She tried to muster up words, but her mouth refused to move. It was like her heart was frozen. Her body stuck in purpetual distress and shock. Willowfur was still speaking. Her words were shattering her like ice kicked on by a badger.
"This is why Flamepelt loved you. Because he could relate, but he will think different when he knows the truth. Won't he?" As if on que, the golden tom walked up. The only thing she could think of were Willowfurs words. Suddenly her senses came back to her as she recovered from momentary shock. Fury built up in her belly. Her fur felt like it were on fire. Willowfur turned to Flamepelt with innocent eyes. She was talking, from the way Flamepelts expression changed Nightsong could just tell without listening what she was saying. Flamepelt lay his tail along her spine. She shook it off, her fur was feeling like it was catching alight. And her belly was tossing and turning with the amount of fury.
Nightsong never realised she lunged until she felt her claws holding the silvers belly and her mouth clutched on a silver forepaw. Blind with rage, she bit down until she could almost feel bone. Her claws were digging in deeper into soft belly fur. Her sense of what she was doing was nowhere to be found. She thrashed as she was thrown off by a familiar black-gray cat. Her eyes lit with fury, rememberance of who she was looking at was scrambled. Black,Gray,Silver and ginger was all she could figure out. Lunging for the silver pelt, she flailed as she was blocked by ginger. She ripped at the shoulder of the cat she was blocked by. The strong tang of blood hit her nose. Suddenly she realised what she was doing, where she was. And who she was fighting. Her paws ached. She realised, with a hiss, that her shoulder was bleeding and her ear was clawed at. Nightsongs breath came in gasps. Willowfur was being rushed to the medicine den, Darksong was pacing back and forth. Shadowstar was looking at her, concerned and confused. Flamepelt was looking at her distressed as blood welled at his shoulder. Nightsong blinked. She collapsed. Her legs were too weak to hold her weight anymore. Shadowstar was at her side nudging her up. Flamepelt was licking at her shoulder. Shadowstar wasn't harmed, but he must've jumped down once he saw what was happening. Her breath was distorteted with her confusion. She began to feel light-headed. Sleep was dragging at her paws and her eyelids were closing. Eveningfur was with her, the soft comforting voice of the tortoise-shell was easy to detect.
"Let her rest. She'll be back to-" already words were becoming hard to understand past the tiredness crowding her brain. She could feel herself being carried into the medicine den, the tang of herbs hit her nose over the tiredness in her head. She could feel the warmth of another cat curl around her. She welcomed sleep willingly. The pain steering at her shoulder was gone, and a dreamless sleep waited for her.

I took an hour to write...
1200+ words. And dayum I like how this turned out....sorta. Oh and I didn't want to drag this chapter out. So change of plans, the part we've been waiting for is next!