s e v e n

'we are not walking in there, fight me,' jungkook says, rather bravely, which surprises himself.

'why? it'll be fun!' taehyung pleads, jumping up and down like a little puppy.

'you can go in on your own, i don't want to go inside that old building and risk my health,' jungkook crosses his arms and walks the opposite direction.

he faintly hears taehyung call for him, however he doesn't turn around. why should he? it's a stupid idea and anything can happen; he begins to think all sorts at this point.

i should've gone with jin hyung, he was right, why am i stuck with this overgrown idiot?

although his words are harsh, he ends up smiling at the thought of taehyung and quickly decides that he should turn back and see what the overgrown idiot is doing. he realises he can't hear his voice anymore.

is something wrong?

he immediately starts pacing towards the abandoned building but slows down, from the fear of the unknown. the sound of his heartbeat increasing is audible and his ears are ringing; he can feel his ears turn red. he shuffles closer towards the entrance, however he can hear someone else's shuffling but cannot distinguish which direction it's coming from.

'tae!' jungkook shouts, adrenaline building up inside of him. he feels like crying but mostly he feels this weird feeling of caring for someone else. he actually cares that someone else might be hurt. it surprises himself, but that's not on his mind right now.

he hears noises and turns around rapidly, nothing still to be seen. the noise comes from another direction and he feels surrounded.

'tae!!' he shouts again, louder this time. suddenly, a fast paced shuffling comes from behind and something grabs him.

'agghh!'

'what the hell?!' jungkook screams. the evil entity that was toying with him was in fact taehyung.

'haha, that was funny, you should've seen your face!' taehyung breaks down from hilarity, on his knees slapping the ground with inaudible laughter. jungkook is still shocked from what just happened and can't help but roll his eyes at someone who's supposed to be his hyung.

'was that supposed to be a joke because i don't see anyone laughing,' jungkook says, crossing his arms in disbelief.

'well, you must be blind if you can't see this mess in front of you!' taehyung replies, referring to himself still unable to catch his breath from the incident.

'i'm calling jin hyung.'

jungkook walks away from taehyung, so he can actually hear the conversation about to take place. he can still faintly hear taehyung's laugh when,

'hello! who died? i knew it! what did taehyung do?!' jin screams, causing jungkook to move his phone a good arm's length away.

'hyung! calm down! no one's dead, it's just... cold, please pick us up,' jungkook semi-lies; it is cold but he's not bothered enough to explain the horror taehyung just put him through.

'okay... i'm bringing joonie too, because i'm pretty useless, stay prepared and don't do-, actually, don't let taehyung do anything stupid!' jin lists, and hangs up immediately.

jungkook turns around and looks at taehyung, who has actually calmed down from his fit, but he still has that stupid grin on his face.

why do i do this to myself?

'yah, were you really scared?' taehyung giggles, lightly punching jungkook's arm. jungkook feels offended yet nervous at the same time. a confusing shock goes up his spine.

'hyung, you're really stupid you know that? why would you do something like that?' jungkook says, almost softly, full of anxiety.

'why? i didn't mean to give you a heart attack, sorry for scaring you, won't do it again, promise,' taehyung apologises. he doesn't seem serious but you can tell he means it, as he confidently sticks out his pinky for confirmation.

jungkook widens his eyes in response, but it's as if it's a natural response, he attaches his pinky with his hyung's. he smiles and so does taehyung; a moment they didn't expect to share after a half-ass attempt at being attacked.

they stand next to each other comfortably, as if the pinky promise made them just that bit closer, but not really. a loud horn distracts them from whatever they were both so lost in, and they look up to see seokjin, with namjoon looking straight ahead, hands still on the steering wheel.

'yah! taehyung! what did you do? why did jungkook call so quickly?' seokjin quick-fires, making taehyung chuckle at his hyung's unmissable maternal behaviour.

'i didn't do anything! jungkook was just eager to get home,' taehyung smirks, looking at jungkook in his peripheral.

jungkook's jaw slightly drops at how easily taehyung can lie; does he always lie like this?

'by the way, where the hell did you get that car?' taehyung asks, at the shiny black range rover standing before them.

'long story,' namjoon answers, after a whole two minutes of silence. 'hop in, jin hyung will explain on the way back.'

taehyung looks at jungkook and they both shrug, not questioning whatever quest they went through to get this car. they get inside the very new car, with the new smell still lingering on the leather seats.

jungkook goes in first, immediately leaning his head against the window, followed by taehyung who does the same, but on his side.

jungkook stares at the night sky, stars hiding behind the thick british clouds. he mentally goes through the events that took place today. he loved every part of it; the pictures, the small hike, and then it hits him. the 'jump-scare'.

he admits he was scared, but not because taehyung jumped out at him, but because taehyung was missing, his presence wasn't there with him, he left him alone.

he looks to his left at taehyung, who is still looking out the window, mirroring jungkook a few seconds ago, looking at the gloomy night sky. the street lights flicker against taehyung's golden skin; jungkook can't help but admire his naivety, the way he's looking out and smiling at the saddest of skies to exist. the child-like innocence that lingers in his eyes, the upturned corners of his lips that don't seem to shift to a frown, ever.

is that why?

that was why.

he was worried about his stupid hyung's disappearance, and it hurts him more than it should to admit that.

-

sorry for the late update
i've been busy ;__;