2

chapter two: good riddance
song: do me a favour by arctic monkeys
— ✘ —

Night closed in.
Time to go home.

After closing the door behind them, this teenager quietly walked inside a horrible building.

It was a dreadful building.
Especially if it was what people called their so-called home sweet home.

Humble abode.

Paradise.

Well, those weren't the labels to call this home.

Sneaking slowly back inside and stepping carefully upstairs, the person was too annoyed to hear the usual bicker of the parents arguing in the kitchen.

"Will you just listen to me for ONCE IN YOUR LIFE?"

"Me? HOW ABOUT YOU LISTEN?"

"GOD, I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY YOU'RE SUCH A PAIN!"

"WHAT PAIN? YOU'RE THE ONE ALWAYS BEING THIS STRESSFUL!"

The now-annoyed teen continued to trek upstairs.

Of course they were fighting.
They just had to continue fighting.

As much as there were constant wishes of "I really want my parents to be perfect again!" to maybe the mall Santa or something with that stupid thing called hope.

Well guess what?
Every wish?
Those unfortunately never came true.

Finally reaching the bedroom, the teen quickly locked the door and immediately plopped onto the messy bed.
Just as the teen was about to close their eyes, more noise from downstairs began to get louder.

"IF IT WASN'T FOR YOU, MAYBE OUR OWN SON WOULDN'T BE SO ESTRANGED FROM US ALL THE TIME!"

"WILL YOU SHUT IT ABOUT HIM?"

The teen froze after hearing that, shifting his position.

"God fucking damn it." The teen muttered to himself, grabbing a nearby pillow to help him block out the sound.

Unfortunately, he still heard the insults.
"OUR SON COULD'VE BEEN ON THE RIGHT TRACK IF IT WASN'T FOR YOU!"

"YOU NEED TO STOP BRINGING OUR SON INTO THIS!"

The right track.

What even was the right track?
The teenager got off the bedding and walked across his room to stare at a small table.

Sitting on the table was a black record player covered in grundgey stickers.
Picking up a nearby record from the floor, he carefully placed the record on the player before loudly beginning to playing it.

As the song began to start playing, he began to feel at ease for a little while.

However, even as loud he tried to play his record, his parents' bickering was still heard.
He gave up with finding ease.