4

chapter four: reality rat
song: stfu by mansionz
— ✘ —

"You really didn't have to take me."

"Well, I do not think taking a nonliving contraption you call your 'closest friend' should be given a ride out to school."

"...It's called a motorcycle, mother." Wally corrected harshly, continuing to slump down in the passenger seat as they passed more buildings and more buildings on the way.

Mary West, who was already dressed up for work and taking occasional sips from her coffee, continued to train her eyes on the road, not caring -nor in the mood to hear- about her son's complaints.

"Wally, I will not let you drive such a thing if it's nearly on the verge of no gas!" She scolded as they stopped at a red light, "Plus you could be almost late right now!"

Wally was furious as she had just reminded him of the reason why he ended up in her car in the first place.

If it wasn't for his dad to just spill out that he checked 'Wally's motorcycle last night and saw that it needed some more gas' in the midst of Wally about to yank the front door open and leave the house, then he could've just walked to school instead without his parents finding out.

But no, his mother (being the usual annoying woman she was) had settled on the fact that Wally was going to be driven to school by the devil herself.

It was true, Wally did forget to fill up the tank after finding that out over the weekend on Saturday while on a drive around town, but his backup plans were always just walking and smoking a few cigarettes instead.

"Fuck you." He mumbled under his breath quietly as he eyed the time on his phone, pausing his scroll through Instagram of some of his dumb classmates that were excited that school began, cringing at how fake captions & comments were.

Nobody thought of each other or missed them while on a summer break, if you missed each other why would you cry about it instead of seeing each other ASAP?

7:52.

Class was going to start at 8:10 sharp.

He had plenty of time, whether or not his mother dropped him off early.
He was already dreading the first day of school.

It only proved how much Wally West was a notable prick to everyone without doing a single thing.

All he hoped was that his mother wasn't going to pick him up after later, he wasn't in the mood to see her face after this sudden offer.
God really should hear his prayers more often.

"I'll pick you up after."

Never mind, God can go back to helping some elderly woman on the verge of her dying days get to heaven.
But then again, he should've expected that the devil would be taking him.

His dad even mentioned that his mother could drop him off last night!

He didn't answer her comment, as she soon took a quick whiff of her son before making a disgusted face.

"You reek, Wally. Are you sure you took a shower?"

Yeah, he thought, I reek of cigarettes.
Wally had a quick morning smoke in his room before running downstairs to escape his home.