Chapter 20: Struggling...and Shattered

Jerome’s POV

I was re-watching Dawn's video for the 18th time when I saw Nicole tense and look up sharply at something Adam had said.

   "W-what did you just say, Adam....?" Nicole asked, her face pale like the day she...cut herself because of the stupid thing I did. Now Nicole is absolutely broken and shattered, I could see it in her eyes, and I saw the tiredness in her of all the sleepless nights she had since Mitch left...wait...Mitch!!! He wasn't back yet...

   "Sean? I don't know how I got that name...I somehow just wrote it down while I was thinking..." Adam said, confused. Nicole shivered and opened her mouth to say something but then she closed her mouth and started tearing up... I...I wish I was Mitch...so I could put my arms around her and comfort her... Holy shit…I did not just say that…Jerome Aceti caring and wanting to comfort someone…I’m really going crazy.

"Please Nicole...you were going to say something...please tell me. I need everything I can to help me find Dawn." Adam said. I couldn't help but frown...couldn't Adam see that Nicole was struggling in talking about whoever this 'Sean' guy was.

"S-Sean is this guy w-who lived in Destiny and I's apartment...he was horrible, dirty and messed up in the head...he...is also the one who h-hurt Destiny..." Nicole said, her blue-ish green eyes pooling up with tears.

"But why would his name be written by Adam?" Ty said confused.

"I guess maybe I was just thinking about Jason and Destiny..." Adam said, uncertainly.

"Wait, does Dawn have any close relatives? Maybe we can learn more about Dawn and-" Ty asked, but cut off by Nicole's phone ringing. Nicole grabbed her phone and gasped, she quickly answered.

"MITCH?! Where are you?!" Nicole asked, her voice filled with different emotions.

"Nicole....I...." Mitch said in a faint and staticky voice. Then a loud static sound cuts Mitch's sentence off.

"Mitch!!! Where are you?! Are you ok?!?!" Nicole asked.

"Nicole!!!! I'm....at....t-this place called Br.....wood..." Mitch said urgently, but static cut the phone call off. Nicole tried calling back a few times but it said that Mitch's phone was disconnected or not in service... Nicole had tears streaming down her face as she held the phone tight in her grip and held herself. Ty looked lost and didn't know what to do...and I was afraid to approach Nicole, afraid that I will hurt her again. Adam suddenly jumped up and told us he might have an idea of where Mitch is at. Nicole looked up instantly and begged Adam to take her there.

"That's the hospital that called me to tell me that...Dawn was missing...but what I don't get is how they could just lose a body and the fact that Dawn wasn't taken to that hospital... I'm sure there is something wrong...why would Mitch go there?

"I don't know. I just need to go to that hospital or wherever Mitch said he was at. What if he it's in danger?!" Nicole said, the sadness in her voice breaking my heart.

"You know what? I'll take you there, it's the closest clue we got today. Let's go." Adam said to Nicole.

"I'm coming." Ty and I said at the same time.

"Mitch is my best friend I ain't just gonna leave him." I said, blocking the worry and sadness out of my voice because I didn’t want anyone to know or care.

"And I'm not just going to sit here while you guys are off finding Mitch and Dawn." Ty said, not mentioning the fact that we are looking for someone alive and someone dead...

As we stood up to go, we heard the front door slam open then a loud crash and thump...