Chapter 2

When I entered My Moms House , I Hear Her Boyfriend , Bobby fusing .

i Hate This man m With A Passion , I Honestly Don't See Why She Still With Him , After he Kicked Her Ass , Around The Projects For Everyone To See . But Ill Be Damn If I Let Amari See That , especially not while I'm here

I Grabbed Amari By Her Hand , and Took Her In My Room and Cut Up The Tv , To Drown Out The Screams From My Mom , I Put Amari In The Bed Handing Her Some Dolls and Turning In To Disney Channel austin and alley was On , "Is Mama Okay ? "She Asked Tearing Up . I ignored her because I didn't wanna lie to her , our mother wasn't okay .

I began to take off her clothes to get her ready to settle into bed , I Took Off Her Jacket And Seen A Bruise On Her Arms And a Couple Of Other Marks and I Knew Who Did It , I Grew Livid . I Kissed Her Forhead And Closed The Door Tightly .

I Walked Back In The Living Room, And Bobby Had My Mama On The Floor Choking The Life Out Of Her . I seen her eyes roll to the Back of her head . My heart broke for her , and it felt like my body lit into flames

I Refuse To Let A Man Raise His Hand To Any Female In Front Of Me , Led alone  My Mother nor My Baby Sister , something in me snapped .

I Jumped On His Back , Throwing Everything I Had Built Up I Had In Me His Way .

I Didn't Stop Till A Strong Pair Of Arms , Pulled Me Off Him As He Laid There Unconscious , along With My Maa I don't even remember me jumping on him , it was like I seen nothing but black .

It Was 3 Officers The One Pulled Me Off Sat Me Down , And Started Asking Me Questions , But I Didn't answer None Of Them , I Had To Wrap My Head Around What Was Happening
I knew it wasn't a good idea for my daddy to leave me here with her . She always got some shit going on .

The Others , Search The House , The Found  Weed in My Mother Room , So They Put Both Of Them In Hand Cuffs when they woke up .

It Wasn't Even a Whole week yet , and My Moms already Getting Locked Up .

"Ma'am ? How Old Are You , We Can't Leave You and Your Sister Her Will Have To Take Yall To D.Facts"

"18 , I can watch her , I do it all the time anyways " I Lied . I Didn't Want To Be In The System , I have heard it's similar to jail . Someone always controlling your every move . That's no place for me or my sister.
"Do you have I . d ? " the female officer asked .
"No I left it in my boyfriend car he suppose to be bringing it too me sometime tomorrow "

"Officer Kay , come in " her radio sounded . "Hold I have to take this ." She walked outside .

I sat there with a million thoughts in my mind . All I could do was cry . I had no idea where to go from this .
Not before long she came back in and told her team to wrap it up they have an emergency.  She handed me her card and left .

I Didn't Know What To Do , I Called My Daddy , 12 Times and He Didn't Answer all Of Them Went Straight To Voicemail I couldn't believe this shit , he really bailed on me tears started flowing even faster , Its time To grow up stop crying you got this just got to get some money to bond her out and everything will be fine . i Thought .

That night I cried myself to sleep worrying how I was going to take care of me and my sister .

the next morning Found Amari , Jumping On My Bed , Smiling And Listen To Music of Disney channel , I Smiled Standing at The Door frame as She Song along .

I Grabbed Her , duffle Bag a Packed 2 Outfits and Put On Her Jacket and We Walked Down To Mrs.Jackson But Everyone call her Gmaa or Bigma she stayed Apartment , in Building C I Lived In Building A , She Was Like a Grandmaa , To Me and Mari , She Had A Little Babysitting Gig , And She Help anybody That Needed Help In The Hood , They Say Back In The Day , She Use To Be The 'Supplier' but I didn't believe that she was the sweetest person I've ever met .

I even heard She Even Use To Pimp Too . But WheN I Ask Her She Changed The Subject .

I Knocked On The Door , In The Code To Let Her Know It Was Me , she Open Right Up , With This Big Grin On Her Like She Was Happy To See Me .

"Come On In Child , Is Just Gonna Stand There ?"She Moved Out The Way To Let Me In . I Sat amari Down In The High Chair , Soon as I Did Mrs Jackson Hugged me Tightly and Rocked Me Back In Forth , She Finally let Me Go , and I Sat Down And She Starred at Me Waitin On Me To Talk .

"I-" i Started About to tear up.

"Shush , Baby Girl , Everything Thing Gonna be Okay , I Heard About What Just Happen ,Word Gets Around Fast , But Ill Watch Amari While Your In School . " She Cut Me Off .

"Okay Thnkxz Gmaa , Ill Be Straight back after school . "

I Got up and said my goodbyes and gave amari a big hug and kiss before I headed out the door.