Chapter 1

I walk into school and see Carleigh, my best friend. She's 16 and is a brunette with fair skin and hazel eyes that almost look yellow.. Her self esteem is dramatically low, you can tell she hides it, though. She has a mask, she hides all the pain that she goes throughout the day.

She liked Peydon, she liked Peydon a lot. Who am I kidding? She loved him! She loved him so much she claimed she would die for him. The thing that hurt me was to see her believe that he actually loved her. And when he liked someone, she would get so confused, she would cry in her room for hours, yelling at God why he was allowing this to happen to her. She never talked to him in her life, or he never talked to her, however you wanted to view it. 

"Sarah?" Carleigh asked,

"Yeah?"

"How easy is it?"

"How easy is what?"

"Talking to Peydon, is it easy?"

"Really easy, go talk to him!"

"No,"

"Why?"

"Because Sarah, last year. You knew who i liked last year, Cody. I would've still liked him this year if it wasn't for what happened. He ignored me just like Peydon does, except Peydon emails me. Cody said that he hated me, Then, he liked my best friend, and she liked him back."

Then, we departed to our next class. I met up with Kayla walking down the hallway.

"You okay?" Kayla asked.

"Not really,"

"Why?"

"Because, it's Carleigh, the same thing that happened last year with Cody is happening this year with Peydon" 

"Really? Who is it?"

"Miranda"

"Nua hua! Does Carleigh know that?"

"No, and don't tell her, everyone at volleyball practice was talking about it. Miranda was all happy because she likes him and he likes her back. But she didn't want to tell Carleigh because she'd take it to heart."

"I think she knows..."

"How?" My heart fell to my gut.

"Julie told her"

"Julie who?" I could think of about 10 girls named Julie that went to our school.

"Julie Westerwood"