A Pet Dragon and His Master

Word Count: 632

Erza stood near the center of the village, tapping her armored boot in impatience. Those troublemakers still hadn't returned and she was growing tired of their fighting. Her eyes widened when she spotted Gray in the distance, Natsu cradled in his arms. The ice mage looked downright concerned, which was more worrying than anything else. She shot him a glare.

"What did you do?" she asked as calmly as she could, seeing fear wash over Gray's features.

"Uh, he just got a little cold," he answered lamely, glancing down to the dragon he carried.

"He's a fire wizard. He doesn't get cold." Gray shuttered, afraid of whatever punishment Erza would give him for breaking the dragon. "Carry him to the station," she began, not revealing all of her plan. Gray sighed, shifting the male in his arms and following the scary woman.

The walk had been completely silent except for crunching snow and small noises coming from the unconscious dragon slayer. At times, it had almost sounded like Natsu was purring. Finally getting settled on the train, Gray looked to Erza to relieve him of his pink-haired attachment. She glared back, making it known that Natsu was now his problem and she wouldn't bail him out. He released his hold on the male and Natsu dropped onto his barely clothed lap. Gray felt tired, Natsu's radiating heat loosening his stiff muscles. His eyelids drooped and before he knew it, he had fallen into a comfortable sleep.

Erza watched the boys with a smile, seeing Natsu curled on Gray's lap with the ice wizard's head leaned back against the seat. Gray's arms had wrapped themselves loosely around Natsu and the slayer was nuzzling into his bare skin while he slept. Though the two were always at each other's throats, Erza could tell they cared about the other more than either would admit. It was moments like these, when they weren't acting consciously, that they expressed their true feelings. Erza had carried an unconscious Natsu on numerous occasions, but the dragon had never been affectionate towards her. She leaned her head back as well, enjoying the momentary peace on the train.

//time skip//

Natsu opened his eyes slowly, trying to adjust to the new lighting and surroundings. Where was he? He had no recollection of the events after Gray crushed him under snow. Speaking of, he was gonna get that pervy stripper back for that! As he tried to sit up properly, his head pounded and forced him back onto the squishy surface of a couch. A couch? Natsu knew for a fact that he didn't own a couch.

"Careful, Flame-for-brains!" called a voice in the doorway. Gray? Why was he with Gray? The ice-make mage stepped closer, noticing Natsu's confusion. "I, um, got you hurt so Erza said I have to take care of you..." he stated begrudgingly.

"What?! No way an ice princess can look after me! And, I'm perfectly fine!"

"Is that so?" Gray asked teasingly. "Then why don't you stand up?"

"Uh... I, um, can't," he admitted with a pout and crossed arms. Gray chuckled.

"Then I'll have to keep you until you can." With his tone of voice, you'd think Gray actually liked the idea of keeping Natsu like a pet. "My own pet dragon," Gray said with a smirk. Gray definitely was enjoying this too much. As angry as Natsu always was, he felt that fury melt away with Gray being as near as he wanted.

"Would that make you my master?" Natsu asked, looking up at the stripper with innocent eyes. Gray froze, eyes widened comically.

"Don't say stuff like that, idiot!" He quickly fled the room, blushing. Natsu smiled triumphantly, not thinking about why Gray would've reacted to his words like that.

Another chapter! Sorry for the long wait and thank you for all the encouragement! I'll try to keep to a better updating schedule for the upcoming installments.
~FanaticShipper07