Cuddles?

Word Count: 628

A fluffy chapter ahead! Gray says one word of profanity, so be warned. Enjoy, and please feel free to give me ideas and feedback!

Natsu groaned again, receiving a huff in response. "Why do I have to stay? I'm obviously better," the slayer stated from his position on a chair in Gray's kitchen.

"Oh yeah?" Gray challenged, "because I remember carrying your ungrateful ass over here." Natsu pouted, mumbling. "What was that, ash-brain?"

"I said fine, you pervy stripper!" The stripper looked at Natsu confused, surprised he had given up so easily. Natsu placed his head against the table, sighing loudly. Gray approached cautiously, putting his hand on the dragon's shoulder. Natsu jerked back, but settled back into his seat.

"You really okay, man?"

"No," Natsu muttered, not sure if he wanted Gray to hear or not. What Natsu wanted was irrelevant, as Gray had heard the whispered word. The ice mage let out a sigh, lifting a struggling dragon slayer into his arms and dumping him on the couch Natsu had woken up on earlier.

"Spill," Gray demanded. Natsu ducked his head, not meeting his rival's eyes. "Natsu," the mage warned.

"Do I have to?" the dragon asked meekly, which was far from his usual fiery demeanor. Gray shot him a look that gave him the answer to his question. "I... Ugh, I just feel so useless. Like, I didn't even help on the mission and now the stupid stripper has to care for me," he grumbled, pointedly avoiding Gray's gaze.

Gray sighed, moving to sit next to the pink-haired male. He gently wrapped his arms around Natsu, fighting against the mage's prideful resistance. "You're not useless," he assured, hugging tighter. Natsu dipped his nose into the hollow of Gray's neck, breathing in his calm scent. Gray could have sworn he heard a whimper, but it was buried into his exposed skin. The ice-make wizard carefully placed his hand in Natsu's hair, waiting for the smaller male to shove him away. Natsu returned Gray's hug with force, not removing his nose from Gray's skin, and Gray took that as a signal that his actions were alright.

A rumbling sound was heard as Gray slowly ran his battle-hardened fingers through Natsu's unexpectedly soft locks. Gray started to back off, thinking that Natsu was growling at him. Before he got an inch away, Natsu's hand latched onto his. "Stay," the dragon whispered into his ear, and Gray just couldn't resist. His hand returned to the salmon strands once Natsu released his grip on it. The fire dragon snuggled closer to the chilled skin, heating the taller male simply by proximity. Gray sighed, wondering how Natsu was going to react once they separated.

He didn't have to wait long for an answer, as Natsu promptly jolted backwards and fell off the couch. Gray chuckled, familiar with Natsu's antics. The fire dragon looked as if he was overheated, which was strange to say the least. Gray reached his hand out to help Natsu up, but the fallen male began crawling in the opposite direction. The ice mage shook his head, picking Natsu up against his will. He smirked as his captured prey hid his face in his hands, not wanting Gray to see. "Embarrassed that you like cuddling?" Gray teased, petting Natsu's hair. "I can't say that I mind," he continued suggestively, "so just let me know when you want to do it." Gray hoped his phrasing would make Natsu even more bashful, which it succeeded in. The slayer was unceremoniously tossed onto the bed as Gray made his way back to the kitchen alone.

"You exhibitionist!" Natsu could be heard shouting from the other room, forcing another laugh from Gray. Neither males honestly knew why they had acted that way towards the other, and were hesitant to think about it. Rivals are rivals, and they can't be anything more. After a single day of care-taking, Gray and Natsu were beginning to question that philosophy.