Are You Broken?

Word Count: 823

Purely fluff chapter. Cliché parts because who doesn't love that? As always, don't be afraid to give me feedback and suggestions!

Also, this story has switched from Gratsu to Natray due to my ideas for the story. I apologize for any inconvenience!

By this point, Gray knew better than to enter the bedroom if Natsu was currently residing there. He knocked loudly, startling the pink-headed dragon. Figuring he already knew enough about indecency, the ice mage simply opened the door without consent.

The sight was something he probably wouldn't forget anytime soon. Natsu was crouched on the bed, head tilted towards the door. His fangs were bared in defense, his hair fluffed up. He looked more like a threatened cat than a mighty dragon, but Gray wasn't going to be the one to break the news to him. The wizard strode over, patting the raised locks. "It's just me."

Natsu hummed, eyes closing as Gray stoked his hair. "What do you want now, snow-cone?" the dragon purred, not bothering to open his eyes.

"That's a new one," the taller male remarked, "And I was wondering if you were hungry." As if on cue, Natsu's stomach growled louder than the fire slayer himself ever could. "Stupid question."

"Always hungry," Natsu stated, looking up at Gray as if pleading hin for food.

"I don't have much here, so if you can walk we can go out."

"I can walk just fine!" At the prospect of food, his legs were completely steady, as if he hadn't been unable to walk moments earlier. "Let's go!"

The dragon sped ahead of him, leading Gray to some unknown location. The mage sighed, wondering just what he had gotten himself into.

//Li'l time skip//

Natsu had followed his nose, and sure enough a restaurant came into view. Nothing too fancy luckily, because Gray sure as hell wasn't dressed enough for that. The smaller male continued forward, latching onto his hand to drag him inside.

"Hey! Cut it out, would you?" Gray struggled to retract his arm, but Natsu refused to let go.

"Nope!" the dragon responded cheerfully, wrapping his arms around one of Gray's. The action reminded him of Juvia, but he didn't feel the same as he did with her. Something was just different, but he didn't quite understand why it didn't bother him.

While considering his thoughts, Natsu brought him to a table and shoved him onto a chair. The dragon slayer was as rowdy and talkative as ever, but Gray felt strange. Somehow, sitting across the table from his rival made him nervous. He had spent many years around Natsu, seeing him daily and being near to him often if only to brawl. But in the moment before him, everything felt strange.

"You okay, ice cube?" Natsu asked, his brows furrowed slightly. He blinked at Gray curiously, making the raven-hair shake his head slowly.

"Fine, just tired of all your yapping."

"Oh yeah?! Fight me, popsicle!"

"Oi, flame-for-brains, we're in a public place." Gray instantly regretted his word choice when the slayer smirked with a peculiar look in his eye. Natsu stood, slinking around the side of the table and placing his hand on Gray's clothed shoulder (he had already gotten kicked out of too many restaurants due to his "habit").

"Would you prefer somewhere more... private?" His hushed tone did nothing to ease the ice wizard's internal confusion. Gray covered his face with his hands, not knowing what expression he was creating. Natsu just chuckled, returning to his seat just in time to order. The slayer took another look at the embarrassed male, deciding to get something for him rather than disrupt his mental breakdown.

"Did I break you?" the pink-haired dragon questioned, poking Gray's nose with his index finger. "What're you so embarrassed for? I thought you were an exhibitionist?"

"Tease," the ice-make mage said quietly.

"If you're done with whatever that was," Natsu laughed, "I ordered something for you."

"Knowing you, it's probably something ridiculous."

"Well, I don't remember what it was called or what it was, but I'm sure it's not ridiculous!" he defended himself feebly, causing Gray to laugh as well.

"Yeah right, matchstick." Natsu frowned, looking as if he was thinking about something. "Don't hurt yourself," Gray teased.

Natsu smiled innocently at the male across the table, but he wanted to make Gray blush. His comments had seemed to do the trick, so he tried again, "So, is this a date?"

"Wha- What the hell?" Gray exclaimed, nearly choking on the water he was attempting to drink. The dragon's overly loud laughter filled his ears, making him want to cover his face again. Idiot and his damn words. But more than just the words, Natsu's voice was what did him in. Guess he really did break me, Gray sighed, because I can't get him out of my head.

Meanwhile, Natsu had some serious thinking of his own to do: Why was teasing the stripper suddenly much more satisfying than it had been before their last mission? Why did I cling to Gray's arm and wouldn't let him go? What the hell was going on with me?