Dantius Shadow: The Beginning

“Hi Amia.” I took form of her good old friend Mark Chance. Once I’ve taken over a body, the soul of the body rests in a deep sleep, and I control their every action, as well as their memory.

I blend in with their shadow, or in this case, Mark’s darker side. Trust me, everyone has a darker side. I am just bringing it out clearer for them.

Mark, my good friend that I am corrupting, hates the attention that Amia gets for her good grades. Even though he tries denies it, I can easily sent the resentment he sent towards his friend, when he left the neighborhood he thought he was done, his ties with Amia Rauyon was done, but his parents decides to move back after 2 years.

However there is a part of him, the part that actually likes Amie, there is a wishful part of him that likes her. Yes I know that too, I picked the perfect person, one that likes her but resents her as well. Mark came back to the little neighborhood a bit wishful for their relationship to take another turn but also a feeling of hatred towards his friend returning just as fast.

Of course, our clueless little superstar doesn’t know anything about Mark’s feeling towards her, she was much too naïve.

“Mark!” she grabbed me into a hug. I easily returned it, after many centuries of acting as another person, these fake smiles and hugs comes easily.

“What are you doing here?” She laughed nervously glancing over at what I remembered as her old house.

“I just moved back into the neighborhood, bought that house over there.” I replied with ease pointing towards her old house. I saw her winced in pain, and inside I smiled, ‘Yes more pain, give me more power.’  I offered a warm smile to Amia. “You want to come over, we’re already settled in, and I’ve still got some of the old basketball plans we used to make.” I smiled holding up Mark’s basketball and spinning it on my finger.

Amia tried for a smile but I could tell it was forced, “Not today Mark, I’ve-I’ve got to get home, I’m not feeling well.” She answered.

“I’ll walk you home. I haven’t seen Mr. and Mrs. Rauyon in a while.” I smiled inside knowing that I’ve hit a touchy subject.

I looked at my so called friend and saw she was trying to hold back tears and the look in her eyes, guilt. “My-my parents are dead.” She said softly as if not wanting it to be true. I smiled inside, ‘Yes of course they are dead, look at who caused it.’ I thought evilly.

I faked an amuse look, “Come on Amia, stop playing a joke on me. Let’s go to your new house.” I grinned putting on a smile.

“No Mark, I’m serious” She stared at me straight in the eye, “They were murdered, they died.” She stared dejectedly at the ground. “I’m living with my aunts and uncles now.”

I put on a look a sympathy on my face. “Amie…” I held my head down and grip her hand like a good friend, that I was not. “I’m sorry, I-I- I didn’t know, but when did this happen?” I asked, of course I knew, I was the one who was actually standing in the corner planning out everything. I was in her mind for a split second stabbing her parents right into their stomach, then leaving her with a memory that will haunt her forever.

 I knew what was going through her head at this moment.

The shrill yell of her parent as she, or rather me, stab the knife cleanly through their bodies. There was blood oozing out of the stomach and her parents dropping down dead with a look of confusion on their face while she was standing there with a smile, my smile, but hers at the same time. I left her body in that instant and let her reflect on what I have...no she have done.  

As soon as I left her mind, her consciousness took over as she realized what she have done. Her hatred towards her parents nagging caused this…I repeat this is not my fault, this is her darker side, her shadow side. I simply just fueled it into intense hatred. And so, this is all Amie Rauyon’s doing, the death of her parents, it was based on her darker side that she tried to locked inside. I stood there in the shadow feeding on her feeling of guilt and also her human spirit leaving her body.

“I don’t want to talk about it.” She mumbled and I detected guilt in her voice.

 Inside I smiled, “Come on, let’s just come to my house, you can tell me about it there. My parents want to meet with you anyways, and we’ll go visit your parents’ grave?” I offered with a kind smile. “I want to pay my respect to them.” I added solemnly.

Amie bowed down her head and I knew at once she was trying not to beat herself up inside. “Okay.” She mumbled her head still held down. I smiled kindly, and gripped her hand tightly showing her that her old friend Mark is giving us support, not the evil Dantius Shadow who is trying to destroy her spirit.

___

This is only going to be a three chapter story, it's really short and I only wanted to try something new, usually I'm more comfortable with school stories, but I decided to give this a try, tell me what you guys think :D

-AAZ