April

The spring made its triumphal entry, apotheosis of light and brilliant colours, especially the green, my favourite one.

The first transformation of Anna ended at that time. Healed the body and limpid the mind, she looked like a new person, an evolution of the previous version; her beauty didn't go unnoticed anymore, almost everybody realized those improvements, especially boys. She remained modest and kind as always but with those long blond hair and green shining eyes it was impossible not to look at her wondering where she got that harmony. More sure of herself, she also changed her dressing habits; clothes were no longer a shelter but another part of her beautiful person to show without fear. Anna never became vain or proud, she simply dedicated to her person the right time and energies; she had finally learned to look and love herself.

Thomas watched her pondering. He was happy of the conquests of his friend but he feared that someone took advantage of her innocent soul; she was a rare creature, she must be protected, accepting the risk to be considered just a nuisance, as unfortunately it often happened to him.

"Annie, where did you get those jeans?"

"I bought them on my own, why?"

"Nothing."

"Nothing?! And why did you ask me then?"

"They're not good, that's all."

"I don't look good?"

"I didn't say that, I said they're not good."

"Sorry if I my tastes don't meet yours."

"Annie, please, relax. I didn't say that."

"Tom, but what is it? I don't understand."

"Don't tell me you didn't notice as these guys were watching you before in the courtyard."

"Do you want everyone watches only you, including men?"

"Annie, please. Have you ever seen me indecently dressed? It's not necessary to show everything to be watched."

"Are you telling me I'm indecently dressed?! Do I have to understand this?!"

"No. Simply those jeans don't look good for school, that's all. Be quite Annie."

"There're dozens of girls dressed like me today, will you make the same comment to every one of them Tom?!"

"If I cared something about them, yes."

*****

Completely recovered from the indigestion 'Gabrielle', Thomas in that period decided however to go on diet of women. He devoted himself more to the work, absenting from school in several occasions; his face and body were more and more demanded, he began to nourish good hopes for a celebrity future.

Fantastic. Maybe.

"Ciao Annie, see you next week then."

"Ok, I recommend you, don't enjoy too much in Paris. These are the things you have to study; I've already written to you all, but if something is not clear call me."

"Is it again business administration?"

"Considering this is a commercial school, it's difficult it's not, Tom."

"To look at it by myself it's impossible, you know. When I'll a break I'll open the book and I'll call you. From an appointment and another there's always a lot of time and if I'm alone at the hotel I get bored."

Thomas bored? Strange.

"It's all right, Tom?"

"I don't know."