Level Upper

It was a nice sunny Saturday, I finished my homework and decided to do something to clear my mind. I bought a newspaper to read, maybe that will give me some information for what happened last afternoon, so to completely eradicate out the last tiny bit of worries I have in my mind. The first story I spotted, under the weather forecast. A minor hate aggravated attack against the Judgement branch of Academy City. Suspect used graviton attack, the ability to increase the gravity in a certain area so sudden and back to normal again, causing violent explosions. This was weeks ago. Not very interesting. The next story caught me. In the headline it read: "Scientist Kiyama Harumi Arrested." It then said "Kiyama Harumi, a scientist studying in AIM diffusion fields, was a major culprit of the Level Upper Incident this month." What the... And I thought Level Upper was an urban legend! It was some kind of device that increases the level of your power allowing you to use that power in forms of higher levels.
    I kept reading, turned out that the Level Upper is a "song" (MP3 file) that adulterated your brainwaves to make every Esper who had their brainwaves adulterated, collaborate. Their minds would be linked together via AIM diffusion field. You see, the Esper brains play an important role in using powers, it computes different things depending on the type of power. Lower level espers have weaker computing  ability, picture using your powers like several apps running, and computing speed depends on the strength of the system/the chip. Level one espers are like Phones, and a level 5 espers are like fricking Alienware 18 computers. However, if you are linked with several minds together using AIM fields, you might be unintentionally "sharing" your powers, allowing one individual to have stronger computing speed, thus having more powerful powers on the level scale.
    The story went on: "The 1000 people who were tricked into using the Level Upper suffered from temporary brain damage and passed out, their minds were linked with Kiyama herself. The AIM power inside of her was too strong  and she lost control of it, materializing into a unclassified being named the AIM Burst." So that's what happened. Antiskill battled AIM Burst. The voices I remembered, were the darkest thoughts of the Level one Espers who used the Level Upper, they were sent out in AIM fields just as I predicted. I read on: "Misaka Mikoto , a student at Tokiwadai, also known as "Railgun" battled Burst. She eventually shot Burst and got it dissipated by damage through the core." I remembered that day when my friend told me someone, fainted? I think he woke up. I signed, relieved.