Chapter 4: Meeting Max

--

"First sign of madness, talking to your own head." -J.K. Rowling.

--

The white FC pulled up to Hinata's house, who was a greying man in his 60's, who was working on his red R34.

"Ah! Thomas!" Hinata said, seeing the FC stop park in the driveway. He put his screwdriver on his little worktable filled with tools.

Asuo stayed silent and crossed his arms, and walked next to Thomas who left his FC strolling over to Hinata.

"Hey Mr. Hinata, we were going to go up to Sadamine tonight, but we want to use your Skyline-"

"Wait! It's not my Skyline, it was mine. Now its my sons, yeah you can take it, I was just giving her some more kick to shake up you boys when you race."

"Yeah uh, I don't want anyone to know I drive this FC." Thomas said.

"Why?"

"Personal reasons, can Asuo have the keys to the R34?"

"Sure." Hinata closed the hood to the Red Skyline and threw Asuo the keys.

"Be back home before midnight, okay Asuo?" Hinata asked.

Asuo nodded as Thomas waited for his father to walk back inside.

"Hey Asuo, can I drive your Skyline when we get to Sadamine?"

Asuo nodded and actually spoke,"Yeah sure, just be careful with it, its my dads."

"I thought you owned it?" Thomas asked.

"Yeah but he still uses it to drive me to school and stuff." Asuo said quietly.

"Oh, alright."

--

Danny was driving down Sadamine in his F355, with Hiro next to him, having a blast driving with him.

Headlights shown in Danny's rear view mirror, Danny smiling and saying,"I thought I saw Asuo's R34 coming up the hill, so you wanna mess with us? Okay, let's play!!"

Thomas was at the drivers seat of the R34, sitting comfortably in his red bride seat, thinking to himself,'Damn, this Skyline sure is powerful. The frame is a lot heavier than my FC's but still light enough to corner pretty quickly. I like the purr the engine has, I can tell that it has at least 520 HP. '

He wheeled around a left corner, the R34 over steering powerfully, not widening or shortening gap between him and the black F3.

'This AWD system sure gives me plenty of power from all my tires, I like that. And the acceleration on this engine block is incredible, there's almost no turbo lag!!' Thomas thought.

(Sound Files-Crisis begins to play)

"Huh?" Thomas asked hearing water hit the roof of Asuo's Skyline.

"Is it raining?" Thomas asked.

Thunder boomed overhead, cracking across the sky.

A powerful bolt of lightning struck the night's sky, and in a flash of light, Max was born.

"Good, accelerate faster..." A voice told Thomas in his head.

"Huh? Sure I guess." Thomas said in his head, pressing the gas, accelerating powerfully down the hill.