Chapter 10: Danny's Love

---

"Thomas!!" David yelled,"Hey son! There's a package here for you."

Thomas walked down the stairs and took the package out of his hands, the address was marked to him.

Max scratched his head, and asked,"Who'd be mailing stuff to us?"

Thomas walked back upstairs and opened the package, raising an eyebrow as to what was inside.

It was a flash drive, enclosed with a letter and a stick note.

Thomas opened the letter and read it aloud.

"Dear Thomas Friedland,

If you're wondering how I got your address, I spoke to your "uncle" Ryosuke. The sticky note contains the information to your Paypal account I opened in your name. That account is wired with 200K Yen, which is your reward for beating me."

Max interrupted him,"Satoshi Nakazato sent us this?"

Thomas rolled his eyes and keep reading the letter aloud,"But that's not all I've given you. The flash drive contain a single file, which is perhaps one of the most highly valued files you'll ever come across..."

"It's the product of my inhibition, the latest and greatest of my stock prediction software."

Max stood up and held the flash drive in his hands,"Whoa! This thing is worth millions!! You know how valuable this is?"

Thomas kept reading the letter,"You must understand that me giving out this flash drive is highly illegal for me. I signed various contracts with companies that have paid me trillions for this software. They do not allow me to just give this away. If you don't want to use it, destroy it, do not give it away or tell anyone you have it."

"Jeez." Max said putting it down.

"However, you have humbled me with your driving capabilities. And I know that just a sharp mind for strategy and a well tuned ride will not be enough to remain undefeated with todays modern cars, that FC needs one thing: money. And a lot of it to run at top efficiency."

"With the prediction software I've given you, and the small nest egg of money I've given you to start investing, you should be able to make money by just buying and trading stocks. But you also need that brain of yours to make smart decisions."

"These gifts can start a new life for you. Use them well.

-Signed, Satoshi Nakazato.-" 

Thomas put the letter down and immediately opened up his laptop, jamming the flash drive into the port. 

He nodded, everything Nakazato had said was true, the Paypal account was setup with the money he said, and the software was there on the flash drive.

Max got frustrated,"Well? What're you waiting for? Start investing!!"

"Wait," Thomas went online and checked how the stocks were predicted to be on Satoshi's software. He printed out the prediction sheet for tomorrows stocks and posted it above his bed.

"What are you doing?" Max asked.

"I'm going to wake up tomorrow and see if those stocks turn out like Nakazato's program said they would. Then, I start investing." Thomas said.

Max wanted to refuse but Thomas walked past him saying,"Plus, I'm gonna hang out with the boys today on Sadamine. It's going to be fun."

--

The next morning, Thomas opened up his laptop, and checked how the stocks played out.

"No way..." He said.