Prologue

Prologue

Blood. Blood everywhere. No body, just red blood seeping into the earth, turning it a sickening shade.

"Where is my sister?" I asked aloud, as if someone was to come out and answer my question. But nothing. Silence was my only answer. Where could she have gone? Why wasn't I there with her? Why is there blood everywhere?

I looked around some more. Maybe she left something behind? I crawled around. The dirt felt wet with blood, but it also felt like someone drew something here. Like they left an imprint. I stood up and followed the line of dirt, but ended up going in a complete circle. Inside the circle were a bunch of complex lines and a lot of chemicals. It kind of looked like alchemy... But this can't be what I think it is. Jocelyn would never resort to this... right?

I tried to figure out what the circle meant, but I got no clear answer. I was crying and confused, my body stained with blood from the transmutation, despite the rain's effort to wash it away from me and the Earth. By the time the thunderstorm happened, I had found my answer. I wasn't happy with it.

A figure from behind the tree caught my attention. I hesitantly walked towards it. As I got closer I heard it gasp for breath, like it was being choked. I saw it struggling, but from what? No one was here except for me. I finally got close enough to it, but it was something I never expected.

I didn't even know what it was. But I just knew... it wasn't human.

Black tentacles reached out to grab hold of me, but I drew back. The creature had dark piercing eyes, staring straight at me. Those eyes. They were my father's. But this definitely wasn't him. I passed out at the sight of it just as the military men arrived in their blue cars. That's the last thing I remember of my sister, Jocelyn Moran.

I later found out that Jocelyn had committed the forbidden taboo of alchemy, Human Transmutation. She couldn't pay the price of human life, and honestly, who could? What could have she given up?

Still, I have to believe she is alive. She was never found, so that could mean she must have run away. Or someone could have found her and took care of her. She could have lost her memory and started a new life. But she is alive, this I have to believe. Because without her, who am I?

A/N: Hello and welcome to my first published fanfiction for Fullmetal Alchemist! I've written a few chapters of this already, but I decided to just give you the prologue first. This story will be following the manga, but some different things will happen. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I do writing it! (・ω・)ノ

Disclaimer: I do not own Fullmetal Alchemist.

-melosdechordas